unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Request to add a go-team branch and set it on CI.
@ 2024-01-22 19:58 Sharlatan Hellseher
From: Sharlatan Hellseher @ 2024-01-22 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guix,

May I ask someone with admin rights to the build farm to set up
 go-team branch, please?

It would be nice to test/re-build packages before merging to
 master branch.

It would help to cover cases where rebuild the world is required:

- https://issues.guix.gnu.org/68423: guix: go-build-system: use trimpath go
flag.
- https://issues.guix.gnu.org/68300: gnu: Remove go-1.14.
- https://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-01/msg00128.html: Golang
check phase skipping some tests?
- https://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-01/msg00219.html:
Golang modules to follow common grouping

Thanks,
Oleg

* Re: Request to add a go-team branch and set it on CI.
@ 2024-03-08 18:21 ` Simon Tournier
From: Simon Tournier @ 2024-03-08 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharlatan Hellseher, guix-devel; +Cc: GNU Guix maintainers, guix-sysadmin

Hi,

CC: guix-maintainers
CC: guix-sysadmin

On lun., 22 janv. 2024 at 19:58, Sharlatan Hellseher <sharlatanus@gmail.com> wrote:

> May I ask someone with admin rights to the build farm to set up
>  go-team branch, please?

What is the status of this request?  Is it doable?  I do not see the
specification on <http://ci.guix.gnu.org>.  Do I miss something?

Cheers,
simon

* Re: Request to add a go-team branch and set it on CI.
@ 2024-03-12  3:56   ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2024-03-12  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Tournier
  Cc: Sharlatan Hellseher, guix-devel, GNU Guix maintainers,
	guix-sysadmin

Hi,

Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> CC: guix-maintainers
> CC: guix-sysadmin
>
> On lun., 22 janv. 2024 at 19:58, Sharlatan Hellseher <sharlatanus@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> May I ask someone with admin rights to the build farm to set up
>>  go-team branch, please?
>
> What is the status of this request?  Is it doable?  I do not see the
> specification on <http://ci.guix.gnu.org>.  Do I miss something?

IIRC, I think I had sent a private TLS client certificate to Sharlatan
so they can manage the go-team branch creation/jobs themselves from the
web UI.

Maxim

* Re: Request to add a go-team branch and set it on CI.
@ 2024-03-12  8:19     ` Sharlatan Hellseher
From: Sharlatan Hellseher @ 2024-03-12  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Cournoyer
  Cc: Simon Tournier, guix-devel, GNU Guix maintainers, guix-sysadmin

I've set the branch go-team, not checked adding it on CI.

Is there any login precision to it?

Thanks,
Oleg

@ 2024-03-12 13:31       ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2024-03-12 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharlatan Hellseher
  Cc: Simon Tournier, guix-devel, GNU Guix maintainers, guix-sysadmin

Hi Sharlatan,

Sharlatan Hellseher <sharlatanus@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've set the branch go-team, not checked adding it on CI.
>
> Is there any login precision to it?

If you have admin access to to https://ci.guix.gnu.org (see setup in
info '(cuirass) Authentication') using the TLS certificate I provided to
you (I think?), these actions (e.g. creating a go-team job specification
or restarting failed build, if they failed spuriously) should be doable
via the web interface.

Maxim