unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Should I enable lua-scripting in the neomutt package?
@ 2017-04-28 11:46 ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-04-28 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Recently, with the last release, neomutt introduced lua-scripting
for neomutt. It's not enabled by default because it's in a phase
where neomutt wants people to enable it, test it, and receive feedback
to improve it.
As the announcement of it points out, this can be used to write the
neomutt config in lua.
With awesome-wm, we (still) have lots of issues with lua I haven't
looked into.

Are there reasons why we might not want lua as a dependency installed?
Neomutt is delivered as feature-complete (except the databases, where
we don't enable every possible type (yet)).
Should we just wait until neomutt enables lua-scripting by default in
the build?

Tell me what you think.
--
PGP and more: https://people.pragmatique.xyz/ng0/

* Re: Should I enable lua-scripting in the neomutt package?
@ 2017-04-28 11:49 ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-04-28 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

ng0 transcribed 0.7K bytes:
> Recently, with the last release, neomutt introduced lua-scripting
> for neomutt. It's not enabled by default because it's in a phase
> where neomutt wants people to enable it, test it, and receive feedback
> to improve it.

And because not everyone is subscribed everywhere, here is the thread:
http://mailman.neomutt.org/pipermail/neomutt-users-neomutt.org/2017-April/000126.html

@ 2017-04-28 14:52 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2017-04-28 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ng0; +Cc: guix-devel

ng0 <contact.ng0@cryptolab.net> writes:

> Recently, with the last release, neomutt introduced lua-scripting
> for neomutt. It's not enabled by default because it's in a phase
> where neomutt wants people to enable it, test it, and receive feedback
> to improve it.
[…]
> Should we just wait until neomutt enables lua-scripting by default in
> the build?

I’d say: yes.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net

* Re: Should I enable lua-scripting in the neomutt package?
@ 2018-02-08 18:43   ` Danny Milosavljevic
From: Danny Milosavljevic @ 2018-02-08 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel, ng0

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 16:52:33 +0200
Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:

> ng0 <contact.ng0@cryptolab.net> writes:
> > Should we just wait until neomutt enables lua-scripting by default in
> > the build?
>
> I’d say: yes.

+1