unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* berlin.guixsd.org downtime next week
@ 2017-10-21 23:31 Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2017-10-21 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel; +Cc: guix-sysadmin

Hi Guix,

the substitute server at https://berlin.guixsd.org will be
intermittently unavailable from Monday (Oct 23) to Wednesday (Oct 25).

We have to move the servers of the build farm to a different rack in the
data centre.  I will use the opportunity to replace the head node which
serves the substitutes with a more powerful server that the BIMSB
(Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology) of the MDC has purchased.

I hope to bring berlin.guixsd.org back online on Oct 24 already, but it
may well be offline until the end of Wednesday.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net

* Re: berlin.guixsd.org downtime next week
@ 2017-10-22 21:34 ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2017-10-22 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

> Hi Guix,
>
> the substitute server at https://berlin.guixsd.org will be
> intermittently unavailable from Monday (Oct 23) to Wednesday (Oct 25).
>
> We have to move the servers of the build farm to a different rack in the
> data centre.  I will use the opportunity to replace the head node which
> serves the substitutes with a more powerful server that the BIMSB
> (Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology) of the MDC has purchased.
>
> I hope to bring berlin.guixsd.org back online on Oct 24 already, but it
> may well be offline until the end of Wednesday.
>
> --
> Ricardo
>
> GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
> https://elephly.net

Thanks for the notice, Ricardo!

Maxim