unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Reproducing test failures that only happen when run by guix daemon
@ 2016-08-02 16:03 David Craven
From: David Craven @ 2016-08-02 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,

Is there a tutorial or guide or something on how to do this?
How do I go about reproducing what happens when the tests are run by
guix-daemon?

David

* Re: Reproducing test failures that only happen when run by guix daemon
@ 2016-08-02 18:16 ` David Craven
From: David Craven @ 2016-08-02 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

> How do I go about reproducing what happens when the tests are run by
> guix-daemon?

Answering my own question:
env -i $(which bash) --noprofile --norc
source environment-variables

Maybe this should be mentioned in the manual?

* Re: Reproducing test failures that only happen when run by guix daemon
@ 2016-08-02 21:24   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-08-02 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Craven; +Cc: guix-devel

David Craven <david@craven.ch> skribis:

>> How do I go about reproducing what happens when the tests are run by
>> guix-daemon?
>
> Answering my own question:
> env -i $(which bash) --noprofile --norc
> source environment-variables

Also ‘tar xf $(guix build -S the-package) && guix environment
the-package --container’.

(With the caveat that the guix-daemon chroot lacks /bin/sh, whereas
‘guix environment --container’ provides it, for convenience.)

> Maybe this should be mentioned in the manual?

Probably!  Under the ‘gnu-build-system’ part of “Build Systems” I’d say,
since it’s a feature of ‘gnu-build-system’ (inherited by most other
build systems).

Ludo’.