unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* guix pull via cgit odd behavior or limitations?
@ 2017-09-11 20:58 ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-09-11 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I think we've been through this before, but why is it that

  git clone https://gitweb.krosos.org/ng0_guix/guix --branch system/mate

works out, but

  guix pull --url=https://gitweb.krosos.org/ng0_guix/guix --branch=system/mate

gives me

  guix pull: error: Git error: invalid Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

so that I have to use git:// instead (which succeeds)? Is guile-git limited in
that aspect? git:// addresses git-daemon and https:// addresses the cgit, the
pull URLs are correct (and differ depending on the access used. one cuts the
suffix the other doesn't and adds more stuff, git://git.krosos.org/srv/git/ng0/ng0_guix/guix.git
would be the git-daemon).
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: guix pull via cgit odd behavior or [guile-git] limitations?
@ 2017-09-12  5:05 ` Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2017-09-12  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

ng0 writes:

>   guix pull: error: Git error: invalid Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> so that I have to use git:// instead (which succeeds)? Is guile-git limited in
> that aspect?

I am struggling* to get going again with Cuirrass and suspect a similar
thing.  On http:// urls with Cuirrass I now get

    Git error: no Content-Type header in response

janneke

* cuirass' guix envronment -l guix.scm is broken, cuirass package runs a
  script before patch-shebanging; the spec examples in the manual lacks
  a (list (quote ..)...

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com

* Re: guix pull via cgit odd behavior or [guile-git] limitations?
@ 2017-09-12  8:20   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-09-12  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen; +Cc: guix-devel

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> skribis:

> ng0 writes:
>
>>   guix pull: error: Git error: invalid Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>>
>> so that I have to use git:// instead (which succeeds)? Is guile-git limited in
>> that aspect?
>
> I am struggling* to get going again with Cuirrass and suspect a similar
> thing.  On http:// urls with Cuirrass I now get
>
>     Git error: no Content-Type header in response

Weird, I wonder why libgit2 insists on having Content-Type.

> janneke
>
> * cuirass' guix envronment -l guix.scm is broken, cuirass package runs a
>   script before patch-shebanging; the spec examples in the manual lacks
>   a (list (quote ..)...

Please report these issues and/or send a patch!  :-)

Ludo’.

* Re: guix pull via cgit odd behavior or [guile-git] limitations?
@ 2017-09-12 18:49     ` Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2017-09-12 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès writes:

>> I am struggling* to get going again with Cuirrass and suspect a similar
>> thing.  On http:// urls with Cuirrass I now get
>>
>>     Git error: no Content-Type header in response
>
> Weird, I wonder why libgit2 insists on having Content-Type.

Okay.  libgit2 does not support dumb http and `it never will'.

    https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2sharp/issues/1094#issuecomment-112306072

That means the new cuirass lost dumb http support, possibly something to mention
in the manual.

>> * cuirass' guix envronment -l guix.scm is broken, cuirass package runs a
>>   script before patch-shebanging; the spec examples in the manual lacks
>>   a (list (quote ..)...
>
> Please report these issues and/or send a patch!  :-)

I added smart http to our git server and now have cuirass somewhat
going...intend to send some patches soon.

janneke

--

@ 2017-09-12 18:57       ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-09-12 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen; +Cc: guix-devel

Jan Nieuwenhuizen transcribed 1.0K bytes:
> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>
> >> I am struggling* to get going again with Cuirrass and suspect a similar
> >> thing.  On http:// urls with Cuirrass I now get
> >>
> >>     Git error: no Content-Type header in response
> >
> > Weird, I wonder why libgit2 insists on having Content-Type.
>
> Okay.  libgit2 does not support dumb http and `it never will'.
>
>     https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2sharp/issues/1094#issuecomment-112306072
>
> That means the new cuirass lost dumb http support, possibly something to mention
> in the manual.
>
> >> * cuirass' guix envronment -l guix.scm is broken, cuirass package runs a
> >>   script before patch-shebanging; the spec examples in the manual lacks
> >>   a (list (quote ..)...
> >
> > Please report these issues and/or send a patch!  :-)
>
> I added smart http to our git server and now have cuirass somewhat
> going...intend to send some patches soon.
>
> janneke
>
> --
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
> Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll add git-smart-http to my server and see
if it solves the situation when I turn off the download option from cgit.
--

@ 2017-09-17 19:39       ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-09-17 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen; +Cc: guix-devel

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>
>>> I am struggling* to get going again with Cuirrass and suspect a similar
>>> thing.  On http:// urls with Cuirrass I now get
>>>
>>>     Git error: no Content-Type header in response
>>
>> Weird, I wonder why libgit2 insists on having Content-Type.
>
> Okay.  libgit2 does not support dumb http and `it never will'.
>
>     https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2sharp/issues/1094#issuecomment-112306072
>
> That means the new cuirass lost dumb http support, possibly something to mention
> in the manual.

Indeed, good to know.

I’ve added a note to that effect in the Cuirass manual, thanks!

Ludo’.