unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Flagging packages
@ 2018-10-12 17:58 Brett Gilio
From: Brett Gilio @ 2018-10-12 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

I was wondering if there has been any discussion on introducing a
way to
flag out-of-date packages either through the guix package website
or
using a guix package flag. I, personally, come from an
Arch/Parabola
background, and such a feature was usually a good way to alert the
community of something corrective needing to be done. It could
trigger a
mailing list alert, which could then be claimed by a member
willing to
manage it and submit a patch.

Thoughts?

--
Brett M. Gilio
Free Software Foundation, Member

* Re: Flagging packages
@ 2018-10-13 10:20 ` Clément Lassieur
From: Clément Lassieur @ 2018-10-13 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brett Gilio; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hi Brett,

We currently use the bugtracker for such things.  You can send an email
to bug-guix@gnu.org saying that package xxx is out of date.  The
bugtracker is a nice tool because one can report things with just an
email.  Plus, it makes it easy to keep track of things to do.

You can report things as 'wishlist' too, they don't even have to be
bugs.

And now we have a nice web interface to it: https://issues.guix.info/.

:-)

Hope it helps!