unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Guix tutorial
@ 2014-02-16 19:25 Raimon Grau
From: Raimon Grau @ 2014-02-16 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guixers,

I wrote a basic guide[1] for contributors. It covers instalation and usage
of guix, and also writing simple recipes and contributing to the project.

If you find unpolished corners, please, comment , and I'll update the
post.

Bye!

1. http://puntoblogspot.blogspot.com.es/2014/02/guix-tutorial.html

* Re: Guix tutorial
@ 2014-02-16 21:28 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2014-02-16 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raimon Grau; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Raimon,

Raimon Grau <raimonster@gmail.com> skribis:

> 1. http://puntoblogspot.blogspot.com.es/2014/02/guix-tutorial.html

Looks cool!  Although I first looked at it in Emacs-W3M, and the code
snippets wouldn’t show up, because they involve JavaScript; LibreJS bans
them by default too.  (BTW, I’d recommend leaving GitHub for something
like Gitorious whose code is free.)

The first paragraph mentions ~/.guix-packages, where it should be
~/.guix-profile.  Normally that link is automatically created by the
‘guix package’ command.

The rest looks good (esp. the addendum ;-)).

Thanks!

Ludo’.

* Re: Guix tutorial
@ 2014-02-16 21:29 ` Nikita Karetnikov