unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Help: a pypi source changed from targz into wheel
@ 2017-01-16 22:27 ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-01-16 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I'm rebasing my kallithea branch at the moment and with the
release of the new "Routes" on pypi, the old one (which I need
for Kallithea) moved from a tar.gz to a wheel. Do I simply
download the wheel file and calculate the hash on that one, and
fit the name appropriately into the pypi?

Help is welcome :)

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Routes/2.3.1

--
♥Ⓐ  ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/

* Re: Help: a pypi source changed from targz into wheel
@ 2017-01-16 22:34 ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-01-16 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

ng0 <ng0@libertad.pw> writes:

> I'm rebasing my kallithea branch at the moment and with the
> release of the new "Routes" on pypi, the old one (which I need
> for Kallithea) moved from a tar.gz to a wheel. Do I simply
> download the wheel file and calculate the hash on that one, and
> fit the name appropriately into the pypi?
>
> Help is welcome :)
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Routes/2.3.1

It's possible that I just need the even older 1.13 release which
used 2.3.1 (back then it was the most current) as a base.
But as it's likely I will encounter such a situation again (or
still am facing it as I haven't checked the specs on kallithea
again), the answer to the question is still welcome.

--

@ 2017-01-17 12:40 ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2017-01-17 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel@gnu.org >> guix-devel

Am 16.01.2017 um 23:27 schrieb ng0:
> Do I simply
> download the wheel file and calculate the hash on that one, and
> fit the name appropriately into the pypi?

AFAIK we treat wheels as a binary files. You need to ask the project to
release source archives, I'm afraid,

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

[-- Attachment #2: 0xBF773B65.asc --]

* Re: Help: a pypi source changed from targz into wheel
@ 2017-01-17 12:54 ` Marius Bakke
From: Marius Bakke @ 2017-01-17 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ng0, guix-devel

ng0 <ng0@libertad.pw> writes:

> I'm rebasing my kallithea branch at the moment and with the
> release of the new "Routes" on pypi, the old one (which I need
> for Kallithea) moved from a tar.gz to a wheel. Do I simply
> download the wheel file and calculate the hash on that one, and
> fit the name appropriately into the pypi?
>
> Help is welcome :)
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Routes/2.3.1

The latest version is available as tar.gz:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Routes

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Help: a pypi source changed from targz into wheel
@ 2017-01-18  0:22   ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-01-18  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Bakke; +Cc: guix-devel

Marius Bakke <mbakke@fastmail.com> writes:

> ng0 <ng0@libertad.pw> writes:
>
>> I'm rebasing my kallithea branch at the moment and with the
>> release of the new "Routes" on pypi, the old one (which I need
>> for Kallithea) moved from a tar.gz to a wheel. Do I simply
>> download the wheel file and calculate the hash on that one, and
>> fit the name appropriately into the pypi?
>>
>> Help is welcome :)
>>
>> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Routes/2.3.1
>
> The latest version is available as tar.gz:
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Routes

I know. That's not what I asked for though.
--

@ 2017-01-18  0:31     ` Marius Bakke
From: Marius Bakke @ 2017-01-18  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ng0; +Cc: guix-devel