unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Install Guix in MIPS
@ 2015-01-27 12:00 Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-01-27 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guix, I installed GNU Guix, via usb image, in my Desktop and Laptop.
But I want to install in my Lemote computer (Mips64 plataform). How do
it?

Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)

* Re: Install Guix in MIPS
@ 2015-01-27 13:02 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-01-27 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pimentel; +Cc: guix-devel

Daniel Pimentel <d4n1@openmailbox.org> skribis:

> Hi Guix, I installed GNU Guix, via usb image, in my Desktop and
> Laptop. But I want to install in my Lemote computer (Mips64
> plataform). How do it?

It’s possible to install Guix (the package manager) on MIPS on top of
whatever GNU/Linux distro is already installed (see “Installation” in
the manual.)

However, it’s not possible to install GSD on MIPS currently.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Install Guix in MIPS
@ 2015-01-27 13:07   ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-01-27 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-01-27 10:02, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> Daniel Pimentel <d4n1@openmailbox.org> skribis:
>
>> Hi Guix, I installed GNU Guix, via usb image, in my Desktop and
>> Laptop. But I want to install in my Lemote computer (Mips64
>> plataform). How do it?
>
> It’s possible to install Guix (the package manager) on MIPS on top of
> whatever GNU/Linux distro is already installed (see “Installation” in
> the manual.)
>
> However, it’s not possible to install GSD on MIPS currently.
>
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.
Allright, I'll wait for it :)

There're thread about Mips and so much package for it. I'll study and
trying to help port the GSD for MIPS.

Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)