unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* GNOME 3.30
@ 2019-05-06  4:40 Timothy Sample
From: Timothy Sample @ 2019-05-06  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Ricardo,

I am testing the GNOME 3.30 branch now (on real hardware), and it works
quite well.  The only issue I’m seeing is that the clock is wrong.  That
is, running “date” gives me the correct time in my timezone, but the
GNOME Shell clock seems to be showing UTC.  If I try to change it,
nothing happens.

Beyond that, I noticed that GNOME Session was still at 3.28.  I wrote a
little script to find the packages that are behind GNOME 3.30.2.  Here’s
the packages that should be upgraded:

    baobab: 3.28.0 → 3.30.0
    cheese: 3.28.0 → 3.30.0
    file-roller: 3.28.0 → 3.30.1
    font-abattis-cantarell: 0.0.25 → 0.111
    gedit: 3.28.1 → 3.30.2
    gjs: 1.52.3 → 1.54.2
    gnome-backgrounds: 3.28.0 → 3.30.0
    gnome-bluetooth: 3.28.0 → 3.28.2
    gnome-calendar: 3.28.2 → 3.30.0
    gnome-clocks: 3.28.0 → 3.30.1
    gnome-control-center: 3.28.2 → 3.30.1
    gnome-screenshot: 3.26.0 → 3.30.0
    gnome-session: 3.28.1 → 3.30.1
    gnome-shell-extensions: 3.28.1 → 3.30.1
    gom: 0.3.2 → 0.3.3
    graphene: 1.6.0 → 1.8.2
    grilo-plugins: 0.3.3 → 0.3.8
    grilo: 0.3.3 → 0.3.6
    gtk-doc: 1.28 → 1.29
    orca: 3.28.1 → 3.30.1
    python-pyatspi: 2.26.0 → 2.30.0
    python-pygobject: 3.28.3 → 3.30.1
    simple-scan: 3.24.1 → 3.30.2
    tracker: 2.0.4 → 2.1.5
    zenity: 3.28.1 → 3.30.0

Unless you have a reason to leave them behind, I will try and update
them.

-- Tim

* Re: GNOME 3.30
@ 2019-05-06  7:10 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-05-06  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timothy Sample; +Cc: guix-devel

Timothy Sample <samplet@ngyro.com> writes:

> I am testing the GNOME 3.30 branch now (on real hardware), and it works
> quite well.

Neat.  Thanks for testing it!

For other readers: this is the wip-gnome3.30 branch, which I rebased on
top of “master”.

> The only issue I’m seeing is that the clock is wrong.  That
> is, running “date” gives me the correct time in my timezone, but the
> GNOME Shell clock seems to be showing UTC.  If I try to change it,
> nothing happens.
>
> Beyond that, I noticed that GNOME Session was still at 3.28.  I wrote a
> little script to find the packages that are behind GNOME 3.30.2.  Here’s
> the packages that should be upgraded: […]

For these packages no updates were available in 2018 when I initially
worked on the upgrade.  It’s fine to upgrade them.

I’ve already started work on a wip-gnome3.32 branch…

--
Ricardo