unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* reepca joins Guix for GSoC 2017!
@ 2017-05-05 20:50 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-05-05 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel; +Cc: Caleb Ristvedt

Hello Guix!

I’m happy to announce that reepca (Cc’d) will join us for the Google
Summer of Code (GSoC).  Reepca will be working on rewriting the build
daemon in Scheme:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-04/msg00059.html
  https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2017#Rewrite_build_daemon_in_Guile_Scheme

Formally Ricardo and I will be mentoring, but of course everyone on this
list and on IRC is welcome to chime in and provide guidance and
feedback.

Reepca: do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have on #guix or
help-guix@gnu.org or guix-devel@gnu.org.  We’re here to help!

Congratulations and welcome to Guix, reepca!  :-)

Ludo’.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: reepca joins Guix for GSoC 2017!
@ 2017-05-05 21:07 ` Adonay Felipe Nogueira
From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira @ 2017-05-05 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

Welcome reepca! :)

Although I'm not a developer, I do contribute to Guix by testing,
reporting bugs, helping people out and also do some hacking from time to
time. Also, depending on the subject, I also can provide some insights
when called upon.

So, feel free to ask for help or insight if you need to.

Happy hacking! :)

Respectfully, Adonay.
--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com

* Re: reepca joins Guix for GSoC 2017!
@ 2017-05-05 21:53 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2017-05-05 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Reepca: do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have on #guix or
> help-guix@gnu.org or guix-devel@gnu.org.  We’re here to help!
>
> Congratulations and welcome to Guix, reepca!  :-)

I second this: congrats and welcome!

You don’t need to wait until you have fully formed questions before
reaching out on #guix or the mailing lists.  With a project as large as
this it can certainly be helpful to “explore the solution space” a
little and to ask for input early on.

I’m looking forward to this.  Thanks for your initiative, reepca!

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net

* Re: reepca joins Guix for GSoC 2017!
@ 2017-05-12 21:19 ` Caleb Ristvedt
From: Caleb Ristvedt @ 2017-05-12 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hello everyone. I'm the aforementioned reepca (pronounced reep-kay). Nice
to meet you all, and I look forward to working on this project!

@ 2017-05-13 12:45   ` Katherine Cox-Buday
From: Katherine Cox-Buday @ 2017-05-13 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caleb Ristvedt; +Cc: Guix-devel

Caleb Ristvedt <caleb.ristvedt@cune.org> writes:

> Hello everyone. I'm the aforementioned reepca (pronounced
> reep-kay). Nice to meet you all, and I look forward to working on this
> project!

Congratulations, and a very warm welcome :)

--
Katherine

* Re: reepca joins Guix for GSoC 2017!
@ 2017-05-13 16:42   ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2017-05-13 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caleb Ristvedt; +Cc: Guix-devel

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 04:19:50PM -0500, Caleb Ristvedt wrote:
> Hello everyone. I'm the aforementioned reepca (pronounced reep-kay). Nice
> to meet you all, and I look forward to working on this project!

Welcome! Good to know how to pronounce reepca :)