unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Thank you for your leadership Ludo
@ 2020-03-31 12:20 Joshua Branson
From: Joshua Branson @ 2020-03-31 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hey Ludo!

I have been hanging out in #guix recently, and I have submitted a few
guix bug reports (not many). I just wanted to thank you for the
community that you have built with Guix. I have done some minor
volunteer work with other free software projects, but those other free
software projects did not have Guix's incredible community. It is
incredibly nice to feel like I can help Guix, even when it is sparingly.

I also want to thank the other /incredibly/ dedicated Guix maintainers.
Thanks for all that you do!

Thanks again,

Joshua

P.S.  I hope this is not consider off topic.  I just recently read the
first few chapters of "How to Win friends and Influence People".  It
recommended giving out lots of compliments.  I thought that I would
try it.

* Re: Thank you for your leadership Ludo
@ 2020-03-31 22:14 ` znavko
From: znavko @ 2020-03-31 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Branson, guix-devel

Hi! I found here in Guix not only the idea that implements
- free software
- reproducible builds,
- better control over system
- and something for the 5th industrial revolution

but also community and relations with the other projects.

Guix uses sources from the different original places (from the maintainers).
Guix connects to the reproducible builds and to the Translation project.
Guix uses gnu servers and based on GNU community.
This is infrastructure that is provided by GNU and Guix move it forward
creating new opportunities for users' new horizons.

And the word free is not only 'name' of all this work but OS Guix
essential feature.

That is why I like it.

@ 2020-04-02 10:23 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-04-02 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Branson; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Joshua,

Joshua Branson <jbranso@dismail.de> skribis:

> I have been hanging out in #guix recently, and I have submitted a few
> guix bug reports (not many). I just wanted to thank you for the
> community that you have built with Guix. I have done some minor
> volunteer work with other free software projects, but those other free
> software projects did not have Guix's incredible community. It is
> incredibly nice to feel like I can help Guix, even when it is sparingly.
>
> I also want to thank the other /incredibly/ dedicated Guix maintainers.
> Thanks for all that you do!

Thanks for the kind words.  Each one of us contributes to the pleasant
atmosphere on the project’s channels, so we’re all to be thanked!

> P.S.  I hope this is not consider off topic.  I just recently read the
> first few chapters of "How to Win friends and Influence People".  It
> recommended giving out lots of compliments.  I thought that I would
> try it.

Now I wonder how you’re going to try to influence me.  ;-)

Ludo’.

* Re: Thank you for your leadership Ludo
@ 2020-04-10 14:56 ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2020-04-10 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Branson, guix-devel