unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* First outreachy day :)
@ 2018-12-04 11:12 Laura Lazzati
From: Laura Lazzati @ 2018-12-04 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel; +Cc: Ricardo Wurmus

Hi!!

Today is my first day :) :) :)

just wanted to ask you a few things.

Is it OK if I start working about 9AM every day? (that would be 12 PM UTC)
I try to adapt my day so that it is not that late to write for you - I
was going to ask this in my yesterday, but then I realized it was like
0:30 in your timezone).

Regards :)
Laura

* Re: First outreachy day :)
@ 2018-12-04 11:41 ` Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2018-12-04 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laura Lazzati; +Cc: Guix-devel, Ricardo Wurmus

Hello Laura,

Laura Lazzati <laura.lazzati.15@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2018.
dec. 4., K, 12:13):

> Hi!!
>
> Today is my first day :) :) :)

Nice!

> just wanted to ask you a few things.
>
> Is it OK if I start working about 9AM every day? (that would be 12 PM UTC)
> I try to adapt my day so that it is not that late to write for you - I
> was going to ask this in my yesterday, but then I realized it was like
> 0:30 in your timezone).

I believe you are free to make your daily schedule so that you are comfortable
with it. Aside from really urgent issues it is not a problem if a message gets
delayed a few hours, and I believe there will be no urgent issues related to
this project. Syncing timezones is more important when you are willing
to ask for
help or advice, status reports and the like can be delayed.

> Regards :)
> Laura

Best regards,
g_bor

* Re: First outreachy day :)
@ 2018-12-04 12:37   ` Laura Lazzati
From: Laura Lazzati @ 2018-12-04 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gábor Boskovits; +Cc: Guix-devel, Ricardo Wurmus

> Nice!
hahaha did you forget? You are one of my mentors :)
Syncing timezones is more important when you are willing
> to ask for
> help or advice, status reports and the like can be delayed.
Yes, and I have IRC channel too, just in case I need help.

Regards!
Laura

* Re: First outreachy day :)
@ 2018-12-04 14:40 ` Björn Höfling
From: Björn Höfling @ 2018-12-04 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laura Lazzati; +Cc: Guix-devel, Ricardo Wurmus

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 08:12:32 -0300
Laura Lazzati <laura.lazzati.15@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!!
>
> Today is my first day :) :) :)
>
> just wanted to ask you a few things.
>
> Is it OK if I start working about 9AM every day? (that would be 12 PM
> UTC) I try to adapt my day so that it is not that late to write for
> you - I was going to ask this in my yesterday, but then I realized it
> was like 0:30 in your timezone).

Hi Laura,

I wish you successful work and fun with this project.

About times, I think there are no restrictions when and how you work,
as long as you make progress, measured by your self-set timeline (or
reasonable discuss why there is no progress and how to get further in a
different direction :-).

And the 4 hours timezone difference shouldn't be that problem.

BTW, I think I will be offline tomorrow and the day after tomorrow
during the day, but available in (my) evening.

Björn

* Re: First outreachy day :)
@ 2018-12-05  2:58 ` Meiyo Peng
From: Meiyo Peng @ 2018-12-05  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laura Lazzati; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Laura,

Laura Lazzati <laura.lazzati.15@gmail.com> writes:

> Today is my first day :) :) :)

Welcome.

> Is it OK if I start working about 9AM every day? (that would be 12 PM UTC)
> I try to adapt my day so that it is not that late to write for you - I
> was going to ask this in my yesterday, but then I realized it was like
> 0:30 in your timezone).

I think we are from everywhere on earth. It's OK to live in a different
timezone. And most hackers tend to prefer working at night. We don't
have a strict time table like a company.

* Re: First outreachy day :)
@ 2018-12-06  0:05   ` swedebugia
From: swedebugia @ 2018-12-06  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Meiyo Peng; +Cc: guix-devel, Guix-devel

Hi :)

On 2018-12-05 03:58, Meiyo Peng wrote:
> Laura Lazzati <laura.lazzati.15@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Today is my first day :) :) :)

I wish you good luck with your project/assignments.

>> Is it OK if I start working about 9AM every day? (that would be 12 PM UTC)
>> I try to adapt my day so that it is not that late to write for you - I
>> was going to ask this in my yesterday, but then I realized it was like
>> 0:30 in your timezone).
>
> I think we are from everywhere on earth. It's OK to live in a different
> timezone. And most hackers tend to prefer working at night. We don't
> have a strict time table like a company.

Agreed. Goodnight :) (its 01 a clock in my timezine now)

--
Cheers
Swedebugia

* Re: First outreachy day :)
@ 2018-12-06 12:11   ` Laura Lazzati
From: Laura Lazzati @ 2018-12-06 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meiyo.peng; +Cc: Guix-devel

> Welcome.
Thanks :)

> I think we are from everywhere on earth. It's OK to live in a different
> timezone. And most hackers tend to prefer working at night. We don't
> have a strict time table like a company.
hahaha :) Yes, I was concerned mostly for reaching my
mentors/coordinators but they are always there, and I am also very
happy to have the IRC channel and having almost anyone anwering my
questions :) I really like this community.

* Re: First outreachy day :)
@ 2018-12-06 12:12     ` Laura Lazzati
From: Laura Lazzati @ 2018-12-06 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: swedebugia; +Cc: Guix-devel, guix-devel-bounces+swedebugia=riseup.net

> I wish you good luck with your project/assignments.
Thank you too :)

Regards!
Laura