unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Ricardo Wurmus appointed co-maintainer
@ 2016-07-26 10:27 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-07-26 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix!

I’m happy to announce that Ricardo Wurmus has just been appointed by the
GNU overseers to join me as co-maintainer of GNU Guix.

Ricardo is a long-time free software activist and has been making
significant contributions to Guix for the most part of its young history
in terms of code, reviews, and talks.  He has deployed Guix on the
bioinformatics clusters of his workplace and trained his co-workers.  He
undoubtedly has all the technical and social skills I would expect for
the job.  Please welcome him warmly!  :-)

I don’t like to think in terms of titles, and it’s important to me that
everyone can contribute to every aspect of the project in their
capacity, and that decision-making remains consensus-based.  So I asked
myself what it means to have a maintainer hat.  I think it boils down to
three duties: safeguarding the project (making sure we remain true to
our goals, ensure our code of conduct is honored and GNU policies are
followed), giving a direction and providing guidance (paying attention
to the release schedule, not losing track of priorities, being “present”
and aware of ongoing developments), and overseeing the infrastructure
and administrative things (build farm, FTP uploads, mailing list admin,
etc.)  Anyone can work on these tasks, but presumably maintainers have
“the big picture”.

Thank you for joining, Ricardo!

Ludo’.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Ricardo Wurmus appointed co-maintainer
@ 2016-07-26 11:31 ` Manolis Ragkousis
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Manolis Ragkousis @ 2016-07-26 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

Congratulations Ricardo and best of luck with your new duties :-D

Manolis

* Re: Ricardo Wurmus appointed co-maintainer
@ 2016-07-26 13:17 ` Mathieu Lirzin
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Mathieu Lirzin @ 2016-07-26 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> I’m happy to announce that Ricardo Wurmus has just been appointed by the
> GNU overseers to join me as co-maintainer of GNU Guix.

Congratulations Ricardo!

--
Mathieu Lirzin

* Re: Ricardo Wurmus appointed co-maintainer
@ 2016-07-26 13:28 ` Thompson, David
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Thompson, David @ 2016-07-26 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 6:27 AM, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hello Guix!
>
> I’m happy to announce that Ricardo Wurmus has just been appointed by the
> GNU overseers to join me as co-maintainer of GNU Guix.

Congrats Ricardo!  I can think of no one better for the job. :)

- Dave

* Re: Ricardo Wurmus appointed co-maintainer
@ 2016-07-26 13:34   ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2016-07-26 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thompson, David; +Cc: guix-devel

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 09:28:56AM -0400, Thompson, David wrote:
> Congrats Ricardo!  I can think of no one better for the job. :)

Indeed, I concur! So congratulations to you, Ricardo, and also to Guix!

Andreas

* Re: Ricardo Wurmus appointed co-maintainer
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-07-26 14:07 ` 宋文武
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: 宋文武 @ 2016-07-26 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> I’m happy to announce that Ricardo Wurmus has just been appointed by the
> GNU overseers to join me as co-maintainer of GNU Guix.
>
> Ricardo is a long-time free software activist and has been making
> significant contributions to Guix for the most part of its young history
> in terms of code, reviews, and talks.  He has deployed Guix on the
> bioinformatics clusters of his workplace and trained his co-workers.  He
> undoubtedly has all the technical and social skills I would expect for
> the job.  Please welcome him warmly!  :-)

Great news, and welcome Ricardo :-)

* Re: Ricardo Wurmus appointed co-maintainer
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-07-26 16:08 ` Roel Janssen
From: Roel Janssen @ 2016-07-26 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> I’m happy to announce that Ricardo Wurmus has just been appointed by the
> GNU overseers to join me as co-maintainer of GNUGuix.
>
> Ricardo is a long-time free software activist and has been making
> significant contributions to Guix for the most part of its young history
> in terms of code, reviews, and talks.  He has deployed Guix on the
> bioinformatics clusters of his workplace and trained his co-workers.  He
> undoubtedly has all the technical and social skills I would expect for
> the job.  Please welcome him warmly!  :-)
>
> I don’t like to think in terms of titles, and it’s important to me that
> everyone can contribute to every aspect of the project in their
> capacity, and that decision-making remains consensus-based.  So I asked
> myself what it means to have a maintainer hat.  I think it boils down to
> three duties: safeguarding the project (making sure we remain true to
> our goals, ensure our code of conduct is honored and GNU policies are
> followed), giving a direction and providing guidance (paying attention
> to the release schedule, not losing track of priorities, being “present”
> and aware of ongoing developments), and overseeing the infrastructure
> and administrative things (build farm, FTP uploads, mailing list admin,
> etc.)  Anyone can work on these tasks, but presumably maintainers have
> “the big picture”.
>
> Thank you for joining, Ricardo!
>
> Ludo’.

Congratulations Ricardo!  This is absolutely great news. :)

Kind regards,
Roel Janssen

* Re: Ricardo Wurmus appointed co-maintainer
@ 2016-07-28 11:50 Alex Sassmannshausen
From: Alex Sassmannshausen @ 2016-07-28 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On 26 Jul 2016 12:27, ludo@gnu.org wrote:

> Hello Guix!
>
> I’m happy to announce that Ricardo Wurmus has just been appointed by the
> GNU overseers to join me as co-maintainer of GNU Guix.

Yay! Congrats Ricardo - This is great for the Guix project :)

Happy hacking,

Alex

> Ricardo is a long-time free software activist and has been making
> significant contributions to Guix for the most part of its young history
> in terms of code, reviews, and talks.  He has deployed Guix on the
> bioinformatics clusters of his workplace and trained his co-workers.  He
> undoubtedly has all the technical and social skills I would expect for
> the job.  Please welcome him warmly!  :-)
>
> I don’t like to think in terms of titles, and it’s important to me that
> everyone can contribute to every aspect of the project in their
> capacity, and that decision-making remains consensus-based.  So I asked
> myself what it means to have a maintainer hat.  I think it boils down to
> three duties: safeguarding the project (making sure we remain true to
> our goals, ensure our code of conduct is honored and GNU policies are
> followed), giving a direction and providing guidance (paying attention
> to the release schedule, not losing track of priorities, being “present”
> and aware of ongoing developments), and overseeing the infrastructure
> and administrative things (build farm, FTP uploads, mailing list admin,
> etc.)  Anyone can work on these tasks, but presumably maintainers have
> “the big picture”.
>
> Thank you for joining, Ricardo!
>
> Ludo’.

* Re: Ricardo Wurmus appointed co-maintainer
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-07-29  1:42 ` Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2016-07-29  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Congratulations, Ricardo! :)

      Mark

* Re: Ricardo Wurmus appointed co-maintainer
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-08-10 13:46 ` Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2016-08-10 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> I’m happy to announce that Ricardo Wurmus has just been appointed by the
> GNU overseers to join me as co-maintainer of GNUGuix.
>
> Ricardo is a long-time free software activist and has been making
> significant contributions to Guix for the most part of its young history
> in terms of code, reviews, and talks.  He has deployed Guix on the
> bioinformatics clusters of his workplace and trained his co-workers.  He
> undoubtedly has all the technical and social skills I would expect for
> the job.  Please welcome him warmly!  :-)
>
> I don’t like to think in terms of titles, and it’s important to me that
> everyone can contribute to every aspect of the project in their
> capacity, and that decision-making remains consensus-based.  So I asked
> myself what it means to have a maintainer hat.  I think it boils down to
> three duties: safeguarding the project (making sure we remain true to
> our goals, ensure our code of conduct is honored and GNU policies are
> followed), giving a direction and providing guidance (paying attention
> to the release schedule, not losing track of priorities, being “present”
> and aware of ongoing developments), and overseeing the infrastructure
> and administrative things (build farm, FTP uploads, mailing list admin,
> etc.)  Anyone can work on these tasks, but presumably maintainers have
> “the big picture”.
>
> Thank you for joining, Ricardo!
>
> Ludo’.

Late to join in, but congrats!  A great fit in all regards! :)