unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Data Services feedback
@ 2020-07-01 20:57 zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2020-07-01 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines, Guix Devel

Hi Chris,

I have remarked that, from this webpage:

https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/git/output-history

the JSON button is broken, i.e.,

https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/git/output-history.json

returns an error.

BTW, I am currently interested by finding all the (old) versions for one
specific package.  Well, I fetch the JSON file then find my way.
However, it does not contain all -- I think you already mentioned that,
start in 2019.  And it would like to have something that returns the
commit id.  Do you plan to add more back history?

Then, if I read correctly, the function that returns all the versions is
'package-versions-for-branch' defined in model/package.scm.  Well, it is
in fact a SQL query. :-)

The question is how do you generate the table(s)?  Did you started at
one point in time and then append since then?

Well, I would like to have something which could be run locally even if
it is *really* expensive, and so substitutable by the Data Service.  Do
you think it is doable?

Cheers,
simon

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-01 20:58 UTC | newest]