unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Data service package history link
@ 2020-12-01 16:10 zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2020-12-01 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel, Christopher Baines

Hi,

I have read on logs.guix.gnu.org [1]:

<civodul>maybe https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/ghc-yaml/output-history
<rekado>hmm, I haven’t been able to find this URL by clicking around; thanks

And I remember asking 3 or 4 times to Chris at the last IRL Guix Days
the URL.  Chris, maybe instead of “Include outputs”, it could be “Output history”.

Well, I have this Emacs helper function:

(defun my/guix-data (package)
  "Add URL of PACKAGE to `kill-ring'.

Yankable result:
`https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/PACKAGE/output-history'.

With `universal-argument', load URL using `browse-url'."
  (interactive "sPackage: ")
  (let ((url
         (format
          "https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/%s/output-history" package)))
    (kill-new url)
    (when current-prefix-arg
      (browse-url url))
    (message (format "%s killed." url))))

It is quick and dirt but works for me.  I am sure some Emacs wizard can
improve this kind of helper and maybe this could be included in
Emacs-Guix.

All the best,
simon

1: <http://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2020-12-01.log#114645>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-12-01 16:13 UTC | newest]