unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Status of Qt build system patches on 'staging' branch.
@ 2021-06-19  5:59 Zhu Zihao
From: Zhu Zihao @ 2021-06-19  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix!

In January I'm following up a series of patches(https://issues.guix.gnu.org/45784) that fixes Qt build
system to honor user's environment variable. It has been six months now,
but these patches are still in 'staging' branch.

Tho these patches will trigger rebuild of almost all qt applications,
but I think six month is so long, and these patches can also help fix
some icon issues of qt application. Can someone tell me the status of
it?

--
Retrieve my PGP public key:

  gpg --recv-keys D47A9C8B2AE3905B563D9135BE42B352A9F6821F

Zihao

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Status of Qt build system patches on 'staging' branch.
@ 2021-06-19  7:13 ` Leo Prikler
From: Leo Prikler @ 2021-06-19  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhu Zihao, guix-devel

Am Samstag, den 19.06.2021, 13:59 +0800 schrieb Zhu Zihao:
> Hello Guix!
>
> In January I'm following up a series of patches(
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/45784) that fixes Qt build
> system to honor user's environment variable. It has been six months
> now,
> but these patches are still in 'staging' branch.
>
> Tho these patches will trigger rebuild of almost all qt applications,
> but I think six month is so long, and these patches can also help fix
> some icon issues of qt application. Can someone tell me the status of
> it?
If these patches are still in staging, then they will end up in master
with the next staging merge.
It appears that back in the day they were reverted with
918a099e7422fe8ad3464dc5a1b4f60843297742 before a staging merge on
February 1st.  If nothing else happened on staging since, someone will
need to revert the revert or apply the patches themselves once more.

Regards,
Leo

* Re: Status of Qt build system patches on 'staging' branch.
@ 2021-06-19  9:13   ` Zhu Zihao
From: Zhu Zihao @ 2021-06-19  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Prikler; +Cc: guix-devel