unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Icedove package needs update, following IceCat 68.9.0 update.
@ 2020-06-02 18:19 Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2020-06-02 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Brielmaier, Nikita, Adrian Malacoda, Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi,

I just pushed the IceCat-68.9.0 security update to the master branch of
Guix, along with a graft for NSS.

However, I just noticed that we now have Icedove in Guix, and that it's
based on 'icecat-source'.  This is all good and proper (kudos to all who
worked on it!), but unfortunately I didn't know about it until now, and
my IceCat update may have left Icedove in a bad state.  Can someone else
take care of updating Icedove?  I've run out of available time to work
on this at the moment.

     Thanks,
       Mark

* Re: Icedove package needs update, following IceCat 68.9.0 update.
@ 2020-06-03  1:26 ` Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2020-06-03  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Brielmaier, Nikita, Adrian Malacoda, Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

Earlier, I wrote:

> I just pushed the IceCat-68.9.0 security update to the master branch of
> Guix, along with a graft for NSS.
>
> However, I just noticed that we now have Icedove in Guix, and that it's
> based on 'icecat-source'.  This is all good and proper (kudos to all who
> worked on it!), but unfortunately I didn't know about it until now, and
> my IceCat update may have left Icedove in a bad state.

Upon further thought, I think it's unlikely that Icedove was adversely
affected by the IceCat update.  Updates to the ESR branch are generally
limited to bug fixes and blocklist updates.  Also, I see that
Thunderbird 68.9.0 has not yet been released, so maybe there's nothing
to do at present.

@ 2020-06-03  8:44   ` Jonathan Brielmaier
From: Jonathan Brielmaier @ 2020-06-03  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark H Weaver, Nikita, Adrian Malacoda, Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

On 03.06.20 03:26, Mark H Weaver wrote:
> Earlier, I wrote:
>
>> I just pushed the IceCat-68.9.0 security update to the master branch of
>> Guix, along with a graft for NSS.
>>
>> However, I just noticed that we now have Icedove in Guix, and that it's
>> based on 'icecat-source'.  This is all good and proper (kudos to all who
>> worked on it!), but unfortunately I didn't know about it until now, and
>> my IceCat update may have left Icedove in a bad state.
>
> Upon further thought, I think it's unlikely that Icedove was adversely
> affected by the IceCat update.  Updates to the ESR branch are generally
> limited to bug fixes and blocklist updates.  Also, I see that
> Thunderbird 68.9.0 has not yet been released, so maybe there's nothing
> to do at present.

There is a Thunderbird 68.8.1 with only 3 patches. None of them seems to
be security relevant. I'm working on the update. My laptop just needs
some time to built that stuff...

* Re: Icedove package needs update, following IceCat 68.9.0 update.
@ 2020-06-04  7:08     ` Jonathan Brielmaier
From: Jonathan Brielmaier @ 2020-06-04  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark H Weaver, Nikita, Adrian Malacoda, Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

On 03.06.20 10:44, Jonathan Brielmaier wrote:
> There is a Thunderbird 68.8.1 with only 3 patches. None of them seems to
> be security relevant. I'm working on the update. My laptop just needs
> some time to built that stuff...

I made a patch see http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/41701

* Re: Icedove package needs update, following IceCat 68.9.0 update.
@ 2020-06-06  9:53       ` Jonathan Brielmaier
From: Jonathan Brielmaier @ 2020-06-06  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark H Weaver, Nikita, Adrian Malacoda, Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

On 04.06.20 09:08, Jonathan Brielmaier wrote:
> On 03.06.20 10:44, Jonathan Brielmaier wrote:
>> There is a Thunderbird 68.8.1 with only 3 patches. None of them seems to
>> be security relevant. I'm working on the update. My laptop just needs
>> some time to built that stuff...
>
> I made a patch see http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/41701

Thunderbird 68.9.0 is now released with security fixes and I updated the
patch accordingly.