unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Xfce halt permission
@ 2015-05-22  0:13 Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-05-22  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guix, I'd like to add halt permission to normal user in XFCE session.
The halt binary is in system profile:
/run/current-system/profile/sbin/halt
How to add halt binary to my normal user?

Thanks for help
--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)
GnuPG (0B1A1914)

* Re: Xfce halt permission
@ 2015-05-22  8:24 ` Alex Kost
From: Alex Kost @ 2015-05-22  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pimentel; +Cc: guix-devel

Daniel Pimentel (2015-05-22 03:13 +0300) wrote:

> Hi Guix, I'd like to add halt permission to normal user in XFCE
> session. The halt binary is in system profile:
> /run/current-system/profile/sbin/halt
> How to add halt binary to my normal user?

As for me, I put the following into "/etc/sudoers" (but not directly –
there is ‘sudoers’ field in ‘operating-system’ declaration):

Cmnd_Alias HALT = /run/current-system/profile/sbin/reboot, \
                  /run/current-system/profile/sbin/halt
<my-name> <my-host>=NOPASSWD: HALT

Also I have the following shell aliases (in my ~/.bashrc):

alias reboot='sudo reboot'
alias halt='sudo halt'

After that I can use "halt" and "reboot" as a user (without promting for
a password).  I hope it helps.

--
Alex

* Re: Xfce halt permission
@ 2015-05-22 19:43   ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-05-22 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Kost; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-05-22 05:24, Alex Kost wrote:
> Daniel Pimentel (2015-05-22 03:13 +0300) wrote:
>
>> Hi Guix, I'd like to add halt permission to normal user in XFCE
>> session. The halt binary is in system profile:
>> /run/current-system/profile/sbin/halt
>> How to add halt binary to my normal user?
>
> As for me, I put the following into "/etc/sudoers" (but not directly –
> there is ‘sudoers’ field in ‘operating-system’ declaration):

> Cmnd_Alias HALT = /run/current-system/profile/sbin/reboot, \
>                   /run/current-system/profile/sbin/halt
> <my-name> <my-host>=NOPASSWD: HALT
>
> Also I have the following shell aliases (in my ~/.bashrc):

> alias reboot='sudo reboot'
> alias halt='sudo halt'
>
> After that I can use "halt" and "reboot" as a user (without promting
> for
> a password).  I hope it helps.
It's work.

I used it, but I would like to add halt and reboot permission to XFCE.

Thanks.
--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)
GnuPG (0B1A1914)