unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Possible missed translatability of plural string in shepherd
@ 2022-04-01 11:28 Anders Jonsson
From: Anders Jonsson @ 2022-04-01 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,
when translating shepherd to Swedish, I saw that the plural string on
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/shepherd.git/tree/modules/shepherd/service.scm#n1362
("~a connections still in use after ~a termination.") doesn't seem to be
translatable.

Only the singular case of the string is present in the po file at
Translation Project.

Regards,
Anders Jonsson

* Re: Possible missed translatability of plural string in shepherd
@ 2022-04-05 12:24 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2022-04-05 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anders Jonsson; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Anders,

Anders Jonsson <anders.jonsson@norsjovallen.se> skribis:

> when translating shepherd to Swedish, I saw that the plural string on
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/shepherd.git/tree/modules/shepherd/service.scm#n1362
> ("~a connections still in use after ~a termination.") doesn't seem to
> be translatable.
>
> Only the singular case of the string is present in the po file at
> Translation Project.

Good catch.  I’ve now fixed it:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/shepherd.git/commit/?id=b6aeac66faffd743b11af316e7fa97eca794f5ff

However, it seems we’ll be releasing 0.9.0 without updating a new POT
file, so most likely the plural form will have to wait until 0.9.1.

Thanks,
Ludo’.