unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* FOSDEM social dinner
@ 2017-01-06  9:46 Alex Sassmannshausen
From: Alex Sassmannshausen @ 2017-01-06  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, guile-devel

Hello,

Guile has a dev room at FOSDEM this year — for a whole day!  The dev
room will be on Sunday.

Whilst organising it, we had the idea that it would be fun to have a
Guile/Guix user & dev dinner on the Saturday evening.  I'm hereby
officially opening registration for that :-D

I have not chosen a restaurant yet, but it will be something that
provides a varietary of dietary options (omnivore, veggie, vegan).  If
you are interested in coming along, just drop me a line to confirm.

So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017 in
Brussels?

Best wishes,

Alex

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
@ 2017-01-06 11:14 ` Ricardo Wurmus
                   ` (8 subsequent siblings)
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2017-01-06 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alex.sassmannshausen, guix-devel, guile-devel

Hi Alex,

> Whilst organising it, we had the idea that it would be fun to have a
> Guile/Guix user & dev dinner on the Saturday evening.  I'm hereby
> officially opening registration for that :-D

Neat!

> I have not chosen a restaurant yet, but it will be something that
> provides a varietary of dietary options (omnivore, veggie, vegan).

That’s very considerate.

> So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017 in
> Brussels?

Count me in!

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
http://elephly.net

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
@ 2017-01-06 13:06 ` Ludovic Courtès
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-01-06 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Sassmannshausen; +Cc: guix-devel, guile-devel

Howdy!

Alex Sassmannshausen <alex.sassmannshausen@gmail.com> skribis:

> So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017 in
> Brussels?

Count me in!

For those who haven’t noticed, there’s also the traditional GNU dinner
on Friday:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/ghm-discuss/2017-01/msg00001.html

And this year I’m leaving on Monday, so if anyone’s interested I’d be
happy to spend Sunday evening with Guix and Guilers.  :-)

Thank you Alex!

Ludo’.

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
@ 2017-01-06 13:10 ` Manolis Ragkousis
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Manolis Ragkousis @ 2017-01-06 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alex.sassmannshausen, guix-devel, guile-devel

Hello Alex,

On 01/06/17 11:46, Alex Sassmannshausen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Guile has a dev room at FOSDEM this year — for a whole day!  The dev
> room will be on Sunday.
>
> Whilst organising it, we had the idea that it would be fun to have a
> Guile/Guix user & dev dinner on the Saturday evening.  I'm hereby
> officially opening registration for that :-D
>
> I have not chosen a restaurant yet, but it will be something that
> provides a varietary of dietary options (omnivore, veggie, vegan).  If
> you are interested in coming along, just drop me a line to confirm.
>
> So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017 in
> Brussels?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Alex

Awesome! Count me in as well!

Manolis

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-01-06 22:42 ` Christopher Baines
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Christopher Baines @ 2017-01-06 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

On 06/01/17 09:46, Alex Sassmannshausen wrote:
> Whilst organising it, we had the idea that it would be fun to have a
> Guile/Guix user & dev dinner on the Saturday evening.  I'm hereby
> officially opening registration for that :-D
>
> I have not chosen a restaurant yet, but it will be something that
> provides a varietary of dietary options (omnivore, veggie, vegan).  If
> you are interested in coming along, just drop me a line to confirm.
>
> So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017 in
> Brussels?

Count me in :D

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-01-07 16:46 ` Thomas Danckaert
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Thomas Danckaert @ 2017-01-07 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alex.sassmannshausen; +Cc: guix-devel, guile-devel

From: Alex Sassmannshausen <alex.sassmannshausen@gmail.com>
Subject: FOSDEM social dinner
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 10:46:39 +0100

> I have not chosen a restaurant yet, but it will be something that
> provides a varietary of dietary options (omnivore, veggie, vegan).
> If
> you are interested in coming along, just drop me a line to confirm.
>
> So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017 in
> Brussels?

I'd like to join, too.

Will the restaurant be either near FOSDEM itself, or somewhat closer
to the centre? (I'd have to get a train back to Antwerp that evening)

best,

Thomas

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
@ 2017-01-07 17:11   ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice @ 2017-01-07 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alex.sassmannshausen; +Cc: guix-devel, guile-devel

Alex,

Great idea!

On 07/01/17 17:46, Thomas Danckaert wrote:
> I'd like to join, too.
>
> Will the restaurant be either near FOSDEM itself, or somewhat closer to
> the centre? (I'd have to get a train back to Antwerp that evening)

Everything Thomas just said, really. :-)

Kind regards,

T G-R

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-01-08 19:02 ` Tomáš Čech
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Tomáš Čech @ 2017-01-08 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Sassmannshausen; +Cc: guix-devel, guile-devel

On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 10:46:39AM +0100, Alex Sassmannshausen wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Guile has a dev room at FOSDEM this year — for a whole day!  The dev
>room will be on Sunday.
>
>Whilst organising it, we had the idea that it would be fun to have a
>Guile/Guix user & dev dinner on the Saturday evening.  I'm hereby
>officially opening registration for that :-D
>
>I have not chosen a restaurant yet, but it will be something that
>provides a varietary of dietary options (omnivore, veggie, vegan).  If
>you are interested in coming along, just drop me a line to confirm.
>
>So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017 in
>Brussels?

I'll be gladly there!

S_W

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-01-08 19:54 ` Efraim Flashner
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2017-01-08 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Sassmannshausen; +Cc: guix-devel, guile-devel

On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 10:46:39AM +0100, Alex Sassmannshausen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Guile has a dev room at FOSDEM this year — for a whole day!  The dev
> room will be on Sunday.
>
> Whilst organising it, we had the idea that it would be fun to have a
> Guile/Guix user & dev dinner on the Saturday evening.  I'm hereby
> officially opening registration for that :-D
>
> I have not chosen a restaurant yet, but it will be something that
> provides a varietary of dietary options (omnivore, veggie, vegan).  If
> you are interested in coming along, just drop me a line to confirm.
>
> So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017 in
> Brussels?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Alex

Count me in! Just paid for airfare and an airbnb for while I'm there.
Put me down as veggie/vegan.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-01-09 13:37 ` Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-01-09 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alex.sassmannshausen; +Cc: guix-devel, guile-devel

alex.sassmannshausen@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> Guile has a dev room at FOSDEM this year — for a whole day!  The dev
> room will be on Sunday.
>
> Whilst organising it, we had the idea that it would be fun to have a
> Guile/Guix user & dev dinner on the Saturday evening.  I'm hereby
> officially opening registration for that :-D
>
> I have not chosen a restaurant yet, but it will be something that
> provides a varietary of dietary options (omnivore, veggie, vegan).  If
> you are interested in coming along, just drop me a line to confirm.
>
> So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017 in
> Brussels?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Alex

It seems that  I will manage to be there, too.

So count me in !

I'm an omnivore !

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
@ 2017-01-09 13:40   ` Amirouche Boubekki
From: Amirouche Boubekki @ 2017-01-09 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano; +Cc: guix-devel, guile-devel, guile-devel

On 2017-01-09 14:37, Catonano wrote:
> <alex.sassmannshausen@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Guile has a dev room at FOSDEM this year — for a whole day! The
>> dev
>> room will be on Sunday.
>>
>> Whilst organising it, we had the idea that it would be fun to have a
>> Guile/Guix user & dev dinner on the Saturday evening. I'm hereby
>> officially opening registration for that :-D
>>
>> I have not chosen a restaurant yet, but it will be something that
>> provides a varietary of dietary options (omnivore, veggie, vegan).
>> If
>> you are interested in coming along, just drop me a line to confirm.
>>
>> So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017
>> in
>> Brussels?
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Alex
>
> It seems that  I will manage to be there, too.
>
> So count me in !
>
> I'm an omnivore !

Me too.

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-01-09 20:08 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2017-01-09 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Sassmannshausen; +Cc: guix-devel, guile-devel

On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 10:46:39AM +0100, Alex Sassmannshausen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Guile has a dev room at FOSDEM this year — for a whole day!  The dev
> room will be on Sunday.
>
> Whilst organising it, we had the idea that it would be fun to have a
> Guile/Guix user & dev dinner on the Saturday evening.  I'm hereby
> officially opening registration for that :-D
>
> I have not chosen a restaurant yet, but it will be something that
> provides a varietary of dietary options (omnivore, veggie, vegan).  If
> you are interested in coming along, just drop me a line to confirm.
>
> So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017 in
> Brussels?

Please, count me in :)

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
@ 2017-01-16 22:29 matias_jose_seco
From: matias_jose_seco @ 2017-01-16 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Greetings!
I would be profoundly Honoured and Enthusiasted if i could participate
at both splendid Gnu's and Guix's dinners.
Best Wishes, Matias.

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
                   ` (8 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-01-20 13:27 ` Alex Sassmannshausen
From: Alex Sassmannshausen @ 2017-01-20 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, guile-devel

Hello,

To confirm, I've now placed a reservation for Saturday 4 February at
19:30 at a Lebanese restaurant called Al Jannah.  I haven't been there
before, but the menu looks diverse, the prices good and the location
relatively central.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g188644-d2039550-Reviews-Al_Jannah-Brussels.html

Address:
Rue Blaes 59, Brussels 1000, Belgium

There is a direct tram line from ULB to Louise, and then it's a 5-10 min
walk.  From there it's probably around 15 min walk to the central
station where there are trains to Antwerp.

List of attendees:
Leo, Catonano, Amirouche, Efraim, Tomáš, Thomas, Tobias, Christopher
Baines, Manolis, Ludo, Ricardo, Matias and myself.

Let me know if I missed you, or if you have questions!

For now, until then :-)

Alex

Alex Sassmannshausen writes:

> Hello,
>
> Guile has a dev room at FOSDEM this year — for a whole day!  The dev
> room will be on Sunday.
>
> Whilst organising it, we had the idea that it would be fun to have a
> Guile/Guix user & dev dinner on the Saturday evening.  I'm hereby
> officially opening registration for that :-D
>
> I have not chosen a restaurant yet, but it will be something that
> provides a varietary of dietary options (omnivore, veggie, vegan).  If
> you are interested in coming along, just drop me a line to confirm.
>
> So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017 in
> Brussels?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Alex

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
@ 2017-01-21 14:51   ` John Darrington
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: John Darrington @ 2017-01-21 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Sassmannshausen; +Cc: guix-devel, guile-devel

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 02:27:11PM +0100, Alex Sassmannshausen wrote:
     Hello,

     To confirm, I've now placed a reservation for Saturday 4 February at
     19:30 at a Lebanese restaurant called Al Jannah.  I haven't been there
     before, but the menu looks diverse, the prices good and the location
     relatively central.

     https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g188644-d2039550-Reviews-Al_Jannah-Brussels.html

     Address:
     Rue Blaes 59, Brussels 1000, Belgium

     There is a direct tram line from ULB to Louise, and then it's a 5-10 min
     walk.  From there it's probably around 15 min walk to the central
     station where there are trains to Antwerp.

     List of attendees:
     Leo, Catonano, Amirouche, Efraim, Tom????, Thomas, Tobias, Christopher
     Baines, Manolis, Ludo, Ricardo, Matias and myself.

     Let me know if I missed you, or if you have questions!

I thought I confirmed.  If not I confirm now.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
@ 2017-01-26 16:16   ` Benz Schenk
From: Benz Schenk @ 2017-01-26 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel; +Cc: alex.sassmannshausen

Hi

I'm somewhat late to the party as I wasn't sure whether I could make it
to FOSDEM this year, but aparently I will.

If it's still ok, I'd love to join ^^

Best regards

Benz

On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 14:27:11 +0100
Alex Sassmannshausen <alex.sassmannshausen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> To confirm, I've now placed a reservation for Saturday 4 February at
> 19:30 at a Lebanese restaurant called Al Jannah.  I haven't been there
> before, but the menu looks diverse, the prices good and the location
> relatively central.
>
> https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g188644-d2039550-Reviews-Al_Jannah-Brussels.html
>
> Address:
> Rue Blaes 59, Brussels 1000, Belgium
>
> There is a direct tram line from ULB to Louise, and then it's a 5-10 min
> walk.  From there it's probably around 15 min walk to the central
> station where there are trains to Antwerp.
>
> List of attendees:
> Leo, Catonano, Amirouche, Efraim, Tomáš, Thomas, Tobias, Christopher
> Baines, Manolis, Ludo, Ricardo, Matias and myself.
>
> Let me know if I missed you, or if you have questions!
>
> For now, until then :-)
>
> Alex
>

> Alex Sassmannshausen writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Guile has a dev room at FOSDEM this year — for a whole day!  The dev
> > room will be on Sunday.
> >
> > Whilst organising it, we had the idea that it would be fun to have a
> > Guile/Guix user & dev dinner on the Saturday evening.  I'm hereby
> > officially opening registration for that :-D
> >
> > I have not chosen a restaurant yet, but it will be something that
> > provides a varietary of dietary options (omnivore, veggie, vegan).  If
> > you are interested in coming along, just drop me a line to confirm.
> >
> > So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017 in
> > Brussels?
> >
> > Best wishes,
> >
> > Alex

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
@ 2017-01-29 16:15   ` Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2017-01-29 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alex.sassmannshausen; +Cc: guix-devel, guile-devel

Alex Sassmannshausen writes:

> Hello,
>
> To confirm, I've now placed a reservation for Saturday 4 February at
> 19:30 at a Lebanese restaurant called Al Jannah.  I haven't been there
> before, but the menu looks diverse, the prices good and the location
> relatively central.
>
> https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g188644-d2039550-Reviews-Al_Jannah-Brussels.html
>
> Address:
> Rue Blaes 59, Brussels 1000, Belgium
>
> There is a direct tram line from ULB to Louise, and then it's a 5-10 min
> walk.  From there it's probably around 15 min walk to the central
> station where there are trains to Antwerp.
>
> List of attendees:
> Leo, Catonano, Amirouche, Efraim, Tomáš, Thomas, Tobias, Christopher
> Baines, Manolis, Ludo, Ricardo, Matias and myself.

Is it possible to add me a bit late to the attendees? :)

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner
@ 2017-01-31 10:00     ` Alex Sassmannshausen
From: Alex Sassmannshausen @ 2017-01-31 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benz Schenk; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Benz,

Sure — welcome :-)

Alex
Benz Schenk writes:

> Hi
>
> I'm somewhat late to the party as I wasn't sure whether I could make it
> to FOSDEM this year, but aparently I will.
>
> If it's still ok, I'd love to join ^^
>
> Best regards
>
> Benz
>
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 14:27:11 +0100
> Alex Sassmannshausen <alex.sassmannshausen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> To confirm, I've now placed a reservation for Saturday 4 February at
>> 19:30 at a Lebanese restaurant called Al Jannah.  I haven't been there
>> before, but the menu looks diverse, the prices good and the location
>> relatively central.
>>
>> https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g188644-d2039550-Reviews-Al_Jannah-Brussels.html
>>
>> Address:
>> Rue Blaes 59, Brussels 1000, Belgium
>>
>> There is a direct tram line from ULB to Louise, and then it's a 5-10 min
>> walk.  From there it's probably around 15 min walk to the central
>> station where there are trains to Antwerp.
>>
>> List of attendees:
>> Leo, Catonano, Amirouche, Efraim, Tomáš, Thomas, Tobias, Christopher
>> Baines, Manolis, Ludo, Ricardo, Matias and myself.
>>
>> Let me know if I missed you, or if you have questions!
>>
>> For now, until then :-)
>>
>> Alex
>>

>> Alex Sassmannshausen writes:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Guile has a dev room at FOSDEM this year — for a whole day!  The dev
>> > room will be on Sunday.
>> >
>> > Whilst organising it, we had the idea that it would be fun to have a
>> > Guile/Guix user & dev dinner on the Saturday evening.  I'm hereby
>> > officially opening registration for that :-D
>> >
>> > I have not chosen a restaurant yet, but it will be something that
>> > provides a varietary of dietary options (omnivore, veggie, vegan).  If
>> > you are interested in coming along, just drop me a line to confirm.
>> >
>> > So — who's in for Guile social dinner on Saturday 4 February 2017 in
>> > Brussels?
>> >
>> > Best wishes,
>> >
>> > Alex

* Re: FOSDEM social dinner