unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Guix GnuPg
@ 2015-05-17 15:25 Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-05-17 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guix,

there's a possible bug with GnuPg-2.x when generate keys. For example
running gpg2 --debug-all --gen-key (last lines):
gpg: agent_genkey failed: No pinentry
Key generation failed: No pinentry
gpg: DBG: [not enabled in the source] stop
gpg: random usage: poolsize=600 mixed=0 polls=0/0 added=0/0
               outmix=0 getlvl1=0/0 getlvl2=0/0
gpg: secmem usage: 1344/32768 bytes in 2 blocks

So, I install pinentry in my user profile (guix package -i pinentry). I
see other same error in other distribution GNU/Linux, so I created a
gpg-agent.conf file in my gnupg folder (~/.gnupg) then add path to
pinentry:
pinentry-program /home/dani/.guix-profile/bin/pinentry-curses. But don't
work.

Help me please :)

--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)

* Re: Guix GnuPg
@ 2015-05-17 20:18 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-05-17 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pimentel; +Cc: guix-devel

Daniel Pimentel <d4n1@openmailbox.org> skribis:

> So, I install pinentry in my user profile (guix package -i
> pinentry). I see other same error in other distribution GNU/Linux, so
> I created a gpg-agent.conf file in my gnupg folder (~/.gnupg) then add
> path to pinentry:
> pinentry-program /home/dani/.guix-profile/bin/pinentry-curses. But
> don't work.

I do exactly that but with pinentry-gtk, on GnuPG 2.0, and it works for me.

You probably need to restart gnupg-agent after installing
gpg-agent.conf, and to make sure the right environment variables are
defined in the shell where gpg runs.

I have this in my ~/.xsession:

  eval `gpg-agent --daemon --enable-ssh-support --write-env-file ~/.gnupg-agent-env`

so I can always source ~/.gnupg-agent-env.

HTH,
Ludo’.

* Re: Guix GnuPg
@ 2015-05-18 12:22   ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-05-18 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-05-17 17:18, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> Daniel Pimentel <d4n1@openmailbox.org> skribis:
>
>> So, I install pinentry in my user profile (guix package -i
>> pinentry). I see other same error in other distribution GNU/Linux, so
>> I created a gpg-agent.conf file in my gnupg folder (~/.gnupg) then add
>> path to pinentry:
>> pinentry-program /home/dani/.guix-profile/bin/pinentry-curses. But
>> don't work.
>
> I do exactly that but with pinentry-gtk, on GnuPG 2.0, and it works for
> me.
>
> You probably need to restart gnupg-agent after installing
> gpg-agent.conf, and to make sure the right environment variables are
> defined in the shell where gpg runs.
>
> I have this in my ~/.xsession:
>
>   eval `gpg-agent --daemon --enable-ssh-support --write-env-file
> ~/.gnupg-agent-env`
>
> so I can always source ~/.gnupg-agent-env.
>
> HTH,
> Ludo’.
Thanks man for your help.

So, in my case (I'm use 'exec startxfce4' in my .xsession and nothing
more) gnupg2 not generate key with pinentry (default) or
pinentry-curses, but with pinentry-gtk-2 it's work. Then this my
solution is add correct path to pinentry-gtk-2 binary:
echo "pinentry-program /home/dani/.guix-profile/bin/pinentry-gtk-2" >
~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf

This solution work for me and your solution too.

Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)