unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Build order discrepancy
@ 2014-02-19 12:47 Sree Harsha Totakura
From: Sree Harsha Totakura @ 2014-02-19 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,

A recent build of GNUnet-0.10.0 failed due to failed build it its
dependency libmicrohttpd according to http://hydra.gnu.org/build/39760

However, if you take a look at the log for libmicrohttpd, it seems it
has been successfully built.  And according to
http://hydra.gnu.org/build/39761 libmicrohttpd is indeed built successfully.

IMO, there seems to be an error here.  If not, please explain why this
happens.

Sree

* Re: Build order discrepancy
@ 2014-02-19 12:49 ` Sree Harsha Totakura
From: Sree Harsha Totakura @ 2014-02-19 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

It is also unclear why gnunet package is built before libmicrohttpd when
libmicrohttpd is a dependency.

On 02/19/2014 01:47 PM, Sree Harsha Totakura wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A recent build of GNUnet-0.10.0 failed due to failed build it its
> dependency libmicrohttpd according to http://hydra.gnu.org/build/39760
>
> However, if you take a look at the log for libmicrohttpd, it seems it
> has been successfully built.  And according to
> http://hydra.gnu.org/build/39761 libmicrohttpd is indeed built successfully.
>
> IMO, there seems to be an error here.  If not, please explain why this
> happens.
>
> Sree

* Re: Build order discrepancy
@ 2014-02-19 13:06 ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2014-02-19 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sree Harsha Totakura; +Cc: guix-devel

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 01:47:56PM +0100, Sree Harsha Totakura wrote:
> A recent build of GNUnet-0.10.0 failed due to failed build it its
> dependency libmicrohttpd according to http://hydra.gnu.org/build/39760
>
> However, if you take a look at the log for libmicrohttpd, it seems it
> has been successfully built.  And according to
> http://hydra.gnu.org/build/39761 libmicrohttpd is indeed built successfully.
>
> IMO, there seems to be an error here.  If not, please explain why this
> happens.

It happened because libmicrohttpd failed once, then I restarted the build.
Now I also restarted gnunet, and it should finish building soon.

Andreas