unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Re: 03/03: publish: Provide server's signing key.
       [not found] <e1d51ee5-4f6a-6355-d27b-87fa899f9845@web.de>
@ 2020-10-31 10:33 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-10-31 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Brielmaier; +Cc: guix-devel, nly

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Brielmaier <jonathan.brielmaier@web.de> skribis:

> I think this commits lacks a bit of documentation. Users should get
> known of this fact, admins as well as "consumers" of guix publish.
>
> It's a nice feature. Until yet I did server the signing-key as file via
> nginx from the webroot. Now I guess I only need a redirect (or maybe not)...

Yeah.  The “home page” of ‘guix publish’ wasn’t documented so far but if
you’d like to add a sentence or two in the manual, that’d be welcome.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: 03/03: publish: Provide server's signing key.
@ 2020-10-31 11:01   ` Jonathan Brielmaier
From: Jonathan Brielmaier @ 2020-10-31 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel, nly

On 31.10.20 11:33, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Jonathan Brielmaier <jonathan.brielmaier@web.de> skribis:
>
>> I think this commits lacks a bit of documentation. Users should get
>> known of this fact, admins as well as "consumers" of guix publish.
>>
>> It's a nice feature. Until yet I did server the signing-key as file via
>> nginx from the webroot. Now I guess I only need a redirect (or maybe not)...
>
> Yeah.  The “home page” of ‘guix publish’ wasn’t documented so far but if
> you’d like to add a sentence or two in the manual, that’d be welcome.

At least it works but still requiers proxy setup:
```
(nginx-location-configuration
  (uri "/signing-key.pub")
  (body (list
    "proxy_pass http://guix-publish;")))
```

I found it a bit laborious to setup the stuff between cuirass and
publish...

* Re: 03/03: publish: Provide server's signing key.
@ 2020-10-31 21:57     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-10-31 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Brielmaier; +Cc: guix-devel, nly

Hi,

Jonathan Brielmaier <jonathan.brielmaier@web.de> skribis:

> On 31.10.20 11:33, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Hi Jonathan,
>>
>> Jonathan Brielmaier <jonathan.brielmaier@web.de> skribis:
>>
>>> I think this commits lacks a bit of documentation. Users should get
>>> known of this fact, admins as well as "consumers" of guix publish.
>>>
>>> It's a nice feature. Until yet I did server the signing-key as file via
>>> nginx from the webroot. Now I guess I only need a redirect (or maybe not)...
>>
>> Yeah.  The “home page” of ‘guix publish’ wasn’t documented so far but if
>> you’d like to add a sentence or two in the manual, that’d be welcome.
>
> At least it works but still requiers proxy setup:
> ```
> (nginx-location-configuration
>   (uri "/signing-key.pub")
>   (body (list
>     "proxy_pass http://guix-publish;")))
> ```
>
> I found it a bit laborious to setup the stuff between cuirass and
> publish...

Yeah, Cuirass is tricky to set up, but ‘publish’ should be easier.

Ludo’.