unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* GNOME ASCII
@ 2016-03-29 13:59 Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2016-03-29 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guix,

I have GuixSD with GNOME in my desktop, but in GNOME clock on bartop not
appear a character ":" (attach a screenshot). Epiphany, gnome-terminal,
Icecat, Emacs and other application are allright.

Do you have a same problem or not?

I did clean my configuration (remove .local and other hide local GNOME
directory) but continue the same thing.

Thanks.

--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)

[-- Attachment #2: Screenshot from 2016-03-29 10-51-36.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 316893 bytes --]

* Re: GNOME ASCII
@ 2016-03-29 16:06 ` Chris Marusich
From: Chris Marusich @ 2016-03-29 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pimentel; +Cc: guix-devel

Daniel Pimentel <d.4.n.1@riseup.net> writes:

> I have GuixSD with GNOME in my desktop, but in GNOME clock on bartop
> not appear a character ":" (attach a screenshot). Epiphany,
> gnome-terminal, Icecat, Emacs and other application are allright.
>
> Do you have a same problem or not?

I do not have the same problem.  Maybe it's a font issue.  Do you have
the right fonts installed?  I have the following fonts installed; maybe
you can try installing some of them to see if it fixes your problem:

font-gnu-freefont-ttf
gs-fonts
font-dejavu
font-terminus
font-adobe-source-han-sans
font-liberation
font-inconsolata

The only other things I can think to ask is: does this problem occur
even on a clean installation of GuixSD?  Also, what is your locale set
to?  It seems possible that depending on the locale, the fonts you
require might be different.

--
Chris

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: GNOME ASCII
@ 2016-03-29 16:18 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-03-29 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pimentel; +Cc: guix-devel

Daniel Pimentel <d.4.n.1@riseup.net> skribis:

> I have GuixSD with GNOME in my desktop, but in GNOME clock on bartop
> not appear a character ":" (attach a screenshot). Epiphany,
> gnome-terminal, Icecat, Emacs and other application are allright.
>
> Do you have a same problem or not?

Yes, but there’s a fix!  :-)

Please drop this as ~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf:

(This is done automatically for newly-created users.  In the near
future, we’ll fix Fontconfig so that this file is not even needed.)

HTH,
Ludo’.

* Re: GNOME ASCII
@ 2016-03-29 16:35   ` d.4.n.1