unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* 0.8.1 release schedule
@ 2015-01-25 23:06 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-01-25 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

For a while I contemplated the idea of releasing 0.8.1 before FOSDEM,
but at this point it wouldn’t allow enough testing, I guess.  So that
would have to be done the week after.

One last thing I wanted to add is an (optional) Xfce session.  It seems
I’m almost done, but not quite.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

* Re: 0.8.1 release schedule
@ 2015-01-25 23:13 ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2015-01-25 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 12:06:08AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> For a while I contemplated the idea of releasing 0.8.1 before FOSDEM,
> but at this point it wouldn’t allow enough testing, I guess.  So that
> would have to be done the week after.
>
> Thoughts?

It would be nice to have a new release before your talk at FOSDEM!
Could we not risk it? Hydra has been so busy recently. Maybe all the fixes
since 0.8 offset the risk of new bugs...

Andreas

* Re: 0.8.1 release schedule
@ 2015-01-27 10:03   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-01-27 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> skribis:

> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 12:06:08AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> For a while I contemplated the idea of releasing 0.8.1 before FOSDEM,
>> but at this point it wouldn’t allow enough testing, I guess.  So that
>> would have to be done the week after.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> It would be nice to have a new release before your talk at FOSDEM!
> Could we not risk it? Hydra has been so busy recently. Maybe all the fixes
> since 0.8 offset the risk of new bugs...

It’s indeed very tempting.

Let’s do some more testing and see how that goes.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: 0.8.1 release schedule
@ 2015-01-27 11:18     ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-01-27 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-devel-bounces+d4n1=opmbx.org

On 2015-01-27 07:03, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> skribis:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 12:06:08AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>>> For a while I contemplated the idea of releasing 0.8.1 before FOSDEM,
>>> but at this point it wouldn’t allow enough testing, I guess.  So that
>>> would have to be done the week after.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>
>> It would be nice to have a new release before your talk at FOSDEM!
>> Could we not risk it? Hydra has been so busy recently. Maybe all the
>> fixes
>> since 0.8 offset the risk of new bugs...
>
> It’s indeed very tempting.
>
> Let’s do some more testing and see how that goes.
>
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.
I'll update today and report it.
--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)

* Re: 0.8.1 release schedule
@ 2015-01-28 16:56     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-01-28 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

An update: the idea is to tag tonight so the release can happen tomorrow
(Thursday.)

Ludo’.