unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* gnome-doc-utils?
@ 2023-08-16 18:48 Christopher Howard
From: Christopher Howard @ 2023-08-16 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

Hi, I was trying to build some software that requires "gnome-doc-utils", and can't find it. Is that part of another Guix gnome package, or something that still needs to be packaged? I've tried some packages out with guix shell but haven't figured it out yet.

--
📛 Christopher Howard
🚀 gemini://gem.librehacker.com

בראשית ברא אלהים את השמים ואת הארץ

* Re: gnome-doc-utils?
@ 2023-08-16 19:58 ` Liliana Marie Prikler
From: Liliana Marie Prikler @ 2023-08-16 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Howard, guix-devel

Hi, Christopher

Am Mittwoch, dem 16.08.2023 um 10:48 -0800 schrieb Christopher Howard:
> Hi, I was trying to build some software that requires "gnome-doc-
> utils", and can't find it. Is that part of another Guix gnome
> package, or something that still needs to be packaged? I've tried
> some packages out with guix shell but haven't figured it out yet.

Rather than something that "still needs to be packaged", it appears to
be a piece of software that has been obsoleted by GNOME 3.x some while
ago.  If you still wish to package it, see [1] for the source.

Cheers

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/Archive/gnome-doc-utils