unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* GNOME 3.30.x
@ 2019-07-08 19:58 Raghav Gururajan
From: Raghav Gururajan @ 2019-07-08 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix!

I wanted let folks know that, whoever is/will-be working on gnome
3.30.x, could try to integrate with the report #35586 (https://issues.g
uix.gnu.org/issue/35586)? Just a suggestion. ☺

Thank you!

Regards,
RG.

* Re: GNOME 3.30.x
@ 2019-07-09  0:27 ` Kei Kebreau
From: Kei Kebreau @ 2019-07-09  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raghav Gururajan; +Cc: guix-devel

Raghav Gururajan <rvgn@disroot.org> writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> I wanted let folks know that, whoever is/will-be working on gnome
> 3.30.x, could try to integrate with the report #35586 (https://issues.g
> uix.gnu.org/issue/35586)? Just a suggestion. ☺
>
> Thank you!
>
> Regards,
> RG.

Hi Raghav!

I'm currently working with a few others to get GNOME 3.30.x in some
working order on core-updates. I'll keep this issue in mind while
testing. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention!

Kindly,
Kei

* Re: GNOME 3.30.x
@ 2019-07-09  0:56   ` Raghav Gururajan
From: Raghav Gururajan @ 2019-07-09  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kei Kebreau; +Cc: guix-devel

> I'm currently working with a few others to get GNOME 3.30.x in some
> working order on core-updates. I'll keep this issue in mind while
> testing. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention!

That would be great. Thank you very much. Btw, I made a SUMMARY which
one can find as a recent (last/bottom) message in that bug thread, so
that it will be easy for you folks. ☺

Regards,
RG.

* Re: GNOME 3.30.x
@ 2019-07-12  4:38     ` Raghav Gururajan
From: Raghav Gururajan @ 2019-07-12  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: samplet; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello Timothy Sample!

I saw the tread (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-05/
msg00119.html) and wanted to include you in this (currently-messaging)
thread (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-07/msg00119.
html). ☺

Regards,
RG.

* Re: GNOME 3.30.x
@ 2019-07-12 15:05       ` Timothy Sample
From: Timothy Sample @ 2019-07-12 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raghav Gururajan; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan <rvgn@disroot.org> writes:

> Hello Timothy Sample!
>
> I saw the tread (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-05/
> msg00119.html) and wanted to include you in this (currently-messaging)
> thread (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-07/msg00119.
> html). ☺

I have been keeping an eye on this, and I broadly agree with you.
However, there are some more serious GNOME problems that I would like to
work on before worrying about the list of packages.  Here are a couple
of examples:

  • GNOME 3.30 does not use the right timezone
  • We are on GNOME 3.30 and not 3.32
  • GNOME Shell will not use an upgraded application automatically

In addition to these, there are still a number of GDM issues.
Unfortunately, Guix currently has more things to work on than it does
workers, which causes many little projects to fall by the wayside (at
least for a while).  It’s frustrating, sure, but it’s not uncommon for
free software projects.

-- Tim

* Re: GNOME 3.30.x
@ 2019-07-12 20:01         ` Raghav Gururajan
From: Raghav Gururajan @ 2019-07-12 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timothy Sample; +Cc: guix-devel

> I have been keeping an eye on this, and I broadly agree with you.
> However, there are some more serious GNOME problems that I would like
> work on before worrying about the list of packages.  Here are a
> couple
> of examples:
>
>   • GNOME 3.30 does not use the right timezone
>   • We are on GNOME 3.30 and not 3.32
>   • GNOME Shell will not use an upgraded application automatically

Ah I see.

> In addition to these, there are still a number of GDM issues.
> Unfortunately, Guix currently has more things to work on than it does
> workers, which causes many little projects to fall by the wayside (at
> least for a while).  It’s frustrating, sure, but it’s not uncommon
> for
> free software projects.

I understand.

Regards,