unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* how to make fonts available to a service?
@ 2019-07-12 20:42 Robert Vollmert
From: Robert Vollmert @ 2019-07-12 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi all,

I’m a bit at a loss right now with respect to how to make fonts available
to system services.

I’m running a service that uses rsvg-convert (from package librsvg) to
raster some SVG graphics. However, it appears that the default fonts
are missing some Unicode character.

It seems that I can make fonts available in my user profile by installing
the corresponding font package, and those would be available to rsvg-convert
via fontconfig via ~/.guix-profile/share/fonts. But how would I do the
same for a service?

Thanks,
Robert