unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Re: Resize Filesystem Service
       [not found]       ` <cucsf4ac7i7.fsf@riseup.net>
@ 2023-12-12  9:46         ` Wicki Gabriel (wicg)
From: Wicki Gabriel (wicg) @ 2023-12-12  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel@gnu.org; +Cc: help-guix@gnu.org, Csepp

Would you mind giving my previously attached service a try and tell me whether this works?

If there is no other input I will just prepare a patch where the service renders a bash script which (somewhat stupidly) attempts to resize the file-system at (every!) boot - mostly because I'm not sure whether we have the facilities to (or I wouldn't know how)

  1.  run a service once per system generation (or some other measure) and
  2.  to construct such a Shell-script in a more verifiable or maintainable fashion in Guile (though I'd be willing to write relevant helper functions)

Thanks for all your input!  If there is no more input I'll just prepare some patch from the existing service.

P.S. Since this isn't a classic "help" problem anymore I'm moving the discussion over to the devel-list.