unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Stay Together For The Kids
@ 2022-12-02  8:50 jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-12-02  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stChOsejLEQ

paste above url into an invidious instance to protect your four essential
freedoms and watch a talk about packaging, Debian, and NixOS:

https://redirect.invidious.io/

* Re: Stay Together For The Kids
@ 2022-12-02 13:42 ` Luis Felipe
From: Luis Felipe @ 2022-12-02 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart; +Cc: Guix Devel

Hi jgart, the talk looks interesting, I'll watch it later.

On Friday, December 2nd, 2022 at 08:50, jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stChOsejLEQ
>

> paste above url into an invidious instance to protect your four essential
> freedoms and watch a talk about packaging, Debian, and NixOS:
>

> https://redirect.invidious.io/

Or run the following in your machine:

  mpv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stChOsejLEQ

"mpv" is a really nice piece of software :)

[-- Attachment #1.2: publickey - luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com - 0x12DE1598.asc --]

* Re: Stay Together For The Kids
@ 2022-12-02 17:26   ` jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-12-02 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe; +Cc: Guix Devel

On Fri, 02 Dec 2022 13:42:39 +0000 Luis Felipe <luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com> wrote:
> Hi jgart, the talk looks interesting, I'll watch it later.

Cool, let me know what you think here if you'd like.

I think it's a very relevant talk to Guixers by the BDFL of zig who uses NixOS.

> "mpv" is a really nice piece of software :)

Oh ya!

$ mpv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stChOsejLEQ

or

guix shell ytfzf -- ytfzf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stChOsejLEQ