unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* * TODO Guix json dump all python packages in channel (CLI)
@ 2022-10-25  3:03 jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-10-25  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

looking at this:

https://github.com/NixOS/nixos-search/blob/main/flake-info/src/commands/nixpkgs_info.rs#L14

i thought...

Wouldn't it be cool if you could do

```
guix dump -L my-guix-channel/ --json --filter=py
```

I know it's possible by writing Guix API code.

And I know it's possible to slap a srfi-37 on it and ship it. I'm just being lazy and posting to
guix-devel instead of taking the time to implement it.

* DONE

* Re: * TODO Guix json dump all python packages in channel (CLI)
@ 2022-10-25 10:21 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2022-10-25 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart, Guix Devel

Hi,

On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 at 22:03, jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be cool if you could do
>
> ```
> guix dump -L my-guix-channel/ --json --filter=py
> ```
>
> I know it's possible by writing Guix API code.

From my opinion, this perfectly fits a Guix extension.  Well, if you are
interested by the JSON file, you can start by,

    <https://guix.gnu.org/packages.json>

where the job is done by the website, see here [1].

1: <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-artwork.git/tree/website/apps/packages/builder.scm>

Hope that helps,
simon