unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* [IDEA] lint the whole dang thang
@ 2022-09-07 22:18 jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-09-07 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hi Guixers,

wdyt if we have the following option for `guix lint`?

```
-f, --whole-file       lint all the packages in the given file(s)
```

--
jgart

* Re: [IDEA] lint the whole dang thang
@ 2022-09-07 23:17 ` Kaelyn
From: Kaelyn @ 2022-09-07 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart; +Cc: Guix Devel

> wdyt if we have the following option for `guix lint`?
>
> `-f, --whole-file lint all the packages in the given file(s)`

+1 to this. It would provide symmetry with the `--whole-file` option added to `guix style` a month ago in commit a15542d26df42dabdb5e2f76d150ae200230c3b0, and there have been times in the past where having the option for both would have been handy instead of having to call the tool for each package name in a file. (I also see potential for the file-wide option in the future for transformations that wouldn't work on a per-package basis, e.g. cleaning up unused module imports).

Cheers,
Kaelyn

* Re: [IDEA] lint the whole dang thang
@ 2022-09-08  7:27 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2022-09-08  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart, Guix Devel

Hi,

On Wed, 07 Sep 2022 at 17:18, jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:

> wdyt if we have the following option for `guix lint`?
>
> ```
> -f, --whole-file       lint all the packages in the given file(s)
> ```

I would prefer -m/--manifest first. :-)

Cheers,
simon