unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* WhereIsEveryone, Guix Packaging Meetup Tomorrow, April 24th
@ 2022-04-24  2:20 jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-04-24  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hi Guixers, we'll have a packaging meetup tomorrow, Sunday at 22:30 ET.

More information can be found here:

https://man.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/wiki/packagingmeetup.md

This month we're rotating to use an APAC friendly time for our Guixers on that side of the globe.

We have Guix packaging tickets that we've been developing at SourceHut's todo.sr.ht in case you'd like to collaborate on any of those:

https://todo.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus

Substitutes for Guix 'R Us are provided by https://bags.whereis.みんな/

See our README for information/best practices on upstreaming anything from Guix 'R Us:

https://git.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus#upstreaming

We could use your help on upstreaming more. Guix 'R Us currently has 850 packages as of Sat Apr 23 10:17:19 PM EDT 2022.

Some packages might be missing a synopsis or in need of a better description. All packages in Guix 'R Us are successfully building.

See our builds.sr.ht logs here: https://builds.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone

# Selected recent contributions involved with WhereIsEveryone

Dhruvin worked on packaging SourceHut's awesome CLI tool: https://sr.ht/~emersion/hut/

and sent a patch to upstream: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54882

Guix 'R Us currently has hut as a pre-release package while we wait on 54882:

https://git.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus/tree/master/item/guixrus/packages/hut.scm#L144

Hope you can join us in these efforts,

jgart

https://whereis.みんな/
gemini://whereis.みんな/

* Re: WhereIsEveryone, Guix Packaging Meetup Tomorrow, April 24th
@ 2022-04-24  3:12 ` jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-04-24  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 22:20:54 -0400 jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:
> Dhruvin worked on packaging SourceHut's awesome CLI tool: https://sr.ht/~emersion/hut/

Here's a sneak peek of what hut provides and shown in a guix shell:

jgart@guixerville ~/guixrus [env] λ hut -h
hut is a CLI tool for sr.ht

Usage:
  hut [command]

Available Commands:
  builds      Use the builds API
  git         Use the git API
  graphql     Execute a GraphQL query
  help        Help about any command
  hg          Use the hg API
  init        Initialize hut
  lists       Use the lists API
  meta        Use the meta API
  pages       Use the pages API
  paste       Use the paste API
  todo        Use the todo API

Flags:
      --config string     config file to use
  -h, --help              help for hut
      --instance string   sr.ht instance to use

Use "hut [command] --help" for more information about a command.

* Re: WhereIsEveryone, Guix Packaging Meetup Tomorrow, April 24th
@ 2022-04-24 22:35   ` Yasuaki Kudo
From: Yasuaki Kudo @ 2022-04-24 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart; +Cc: Guix Devel

OMG this would have been perfect but I will be at the immigration office during that time for my wife...   But thank you for the Asian time hosting and I would love to get involved with the Guix community around this timezone!!   -Yasu

@ 2022-04-25  0:24 ` Matt
From: Matt @ 2022-04-25  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart; +Cc: Guix Devel

Dang, just seeing this now!  Hope y'all had fun.  I'll catch you on the next one.

* Re: WhereIsEveryone, Guix Packaging Meetup Tomorrow, April 24th
@ 2022-04-25  1:12 ` Vagrant Cascadian
From: Vagrant Cascadian @ 2022-04-25  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart, Guix Devel

On 2022-04-23, jgart wrote:
> Hi Guixers, we'll have a packaging meetup tomorrow, Sunday at 22:30 ET.

Is that ...

  $ date --utc -R -d '2022-04-24 22:30 EDT'
  Mon, 25 Apr 2022 02:30:00 +0000

e.g. in about an hour and change from now?

It is much easier to convert from UTC to other timezones than from
arbitrary timezones to arbitrary timezones :)

Hope to catch y'all if that's the case...

live well,
  vagrant

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: WhereIsEveryone, Guix Packaging Meetup Tomorrow, April 24th
@ 2022-04-25  1:49     ` jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-04-25  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yasuaki Kudo; +Cc: Guix Devel

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 07:35:20 +0900 Yasuaki Kudo <yasu@yasuaki.com> wrote:
> OMG this would have been perfect but I will be at the immigration office during that time for my wife...   But thank you for the Asian time hosting and I would love to get involved with the Guix community around this timezone!!   -Yasu

Yasu!!

I've been meaning to get back to you.

I'll be continuing to rotate the times for APAC in the future.

I'll keep you posted.

all best,

@ 2022-04-25  1:50   ` jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-04-25  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt; +Cc: Guix Devel

On Sun, 24 Apr 2022 20:24:14 -0400 Matt <matt@excalamus.com> wrote:
> Dang, just seeing this now!  Hope y'all had fun.  I'll catch you on the next one.

Still hasn't happened.

We'll start in about 40 minutes ;)

* Re: WhereIsEveryone, Guix Packaging Meetup Tomorrow, April 24th
@ 2022-04-25  1:53   ` jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-04-25  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vagrant Cascadian; +Cc: Guix Devel

On Sun, 24 Apr 2022 18:12:33 -0700 Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org> wrote:
> On 2022-04-23, jgart wrote:
> > Hi Guixers, we'll have a packaging meetup tomorrow, Sunday at 22:30 ET.
>
> Is that ...
>
>   $ date --utc -R -d '2022-04-24 22:30 EDT'
>   Mon, 25 Apr 2022 02:30:00 +0000
>

> It is much easier to convert from UTC to other timezones than from
> arbitrary timezones to arbitrary timezones :)
>
> Hope to catch y'all if that's the case...

Hi Vagrant,

I'll use UTC in the future. That's a good point.

> e.g. in about an hour and change from now?

It will be about 40 minutes from now (2:30 UTC).