unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* The Shepherd on Fibers
@ 2022-03-24  6:48 Brendan Tildesley
From: Brendan Tildesley @ 2022-03-24  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo@gnu.org, guix-devel@gnu.org

I think you are doing amazing work! I hope socket activation can be added
because it may be helpful for launching the user services for pipewire, but I've
never really understood how it actually works.

I would like to replace pulseaudio with pipewire as the default in
%desktop-services, the only hurdle is how to launch the user daemons in all the
different desktop configurations one might use. Other distros use systemd's
socket activation to magically launch pipewire.

Otherwise XDG autostarts or some kind of guix home service could launch it?