* Snapper DBus woes
@ 2021-01-08  1:16 raingloom
From: raingloom @ 2021-01-08  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hiya folks.

I'm trying to finish up that Snapper package that Pierre Neidhardt
abandoned and am also running into DBus issues.
Could someone who knows DBus look into it? I really think we should get
this package working on Guix sooner rather than later, because right
now there is no way to protect against an accidental `rm -rf $HOME`
without a full backup.
This is my branch:
https://git.sr.ht/~raingloom/guix-source/tree/raingloom/snapper

* Re: Snapper DBus woes
@ 2021-01-08 18:54 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2021-01-08 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raingloom,
	Christopher Baines via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU
	System distribution.

Can you share with us the full error messages you got? And a more full description of what you tried?

@ 2021-01-09 11:58   ` raingloom
From: raingloom @ 2021-01-09 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari
  Cc: Christopher Baines via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU
	System distribution.

On Fri, 08 Jan 2021 13:54:06 -0500
"Leo Famulari" <leo@famulari.name> wrote:

> Can you share with us the full error messages you got? And a more
> full description of what you tried?
>
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, at 20:16, raingloom wrote:
> > Hiya folks.
> >
> > I'm trying to finish up that Snapper package that Pierre Neidhardt
> > abandoned and am also running into DBus issues.
> > Could someone who knows DBus look into it? I really think we should
> > get this package working on Guix sooner rather than later, because
> > right now there is no way to protect against an accidental `rm -rf
> > $HOME` without a full backup.
> > This is my branch:
> > https://git.sr.ht/~raingloom/guix-source/tree/raingloom/snapper

That part is taken care of now. Turns out I needed to add a service
that extends D-Bus and run snapperd from there.
Now I just have to figure out how to actually create a snapshot.