unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Reminder: online Guix Day Conference
@ 2020-11-03 13:32 Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2020-11-03 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, info-guix

Hello guixers!

The first online Guix Day Conference on Sunday November, 22nd.  This
conference is open to everyone and will be held entirely online.  No
registration fee.

We have received only a few proposals.  Do not be shy!  Please drop us
an email with your ideas: what you would like to talk about or what you
would like to discuss.  We are looking for more talk proposals, as well
as people who are willing to lead discussion sessions with no talk
(BoF).

We previously asked you to send your proposal to guix-devel@gnu.org,
but we understand that a public mailing list might be intimidating.
Please send your proposals and ideas to guix-days@gnu.org instead, a
private alias for the organizers.

Important dates:

  + November 6th: Deadline for talk proposals
  + November 14th: Deadline for releasing your pre-recorded talks.
  + November 16th: Release of the schedule
  + November 22nd: Conference day!

16th to 21st: watch the talks!

The agenda for Sunday is:

  + pre-recorded talks with live question and answer sessions
  + birds of a feather (BoF) sessions
  + lightning round talks, if possible
  + hack together

Read more details at:
  <https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2020/online-guix-day-announce-1/>

Spread the word!

* Re: Reminder: online Guix Day Conference
@ 2020-11-05 11:17 ` Yasuaki Kudo
From: Yasuaki Kudo @ 2020-11-05 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Lepiller; +Cc: guix-devel, info-guix

Just curious, what time of day?  😄

@ 2020-11-05 13:06   ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2020-11-05 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yasuaki Kudo; +Cc: guix-devel

Le 5 novembre 2020 06:17:08 GMT-05:00, Yasuaki Kudo <yasu@yasuaki.com> a écrit :
>Just curious, what time of day?  😄

This hasn't been decided yet. Probably all day European time so you might be able to join the beginning.

We plan to release the talks in advance, so everyone has a chance to watch them, whatever their timezone. The day of the conference, we will have extended Q&A and discussion sessions, but we're not going to broadcast the talks.

If you plan to give a talk or lead a discussion session, we can arrange to have a time slot that works best for you if you give us your time constraints. You can also provide a talk, and have no Q&A if you cannot be present at all.

Thanks for your interest! Hope to see you soon at the Guix Day!

@ 2020-11-06  7:45     ` Yasuaki Kudo
From: Yasuaki Kudo @ 2020-11-06  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Lepiller; +Cc: guix-devel