unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Packaging audacious
@ 2020-03-14  1:14 Jan Wielkiewicz
From: Jan Wielkiewicz @ 2020-03-14  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel@gnu.org

Hello,

I'm trying to package the audacious music player, but I encountered a
problem - in the source directory there are libraries used by
audacious that is: libaudgui, libaudtag, audtool, libaudcore,
libaudqt and libguess.

When build without modifying the source, I get the following error:
validating RUNPATH of 3 binaries in
"/gnu/store/6ihw9w6ibs33k6v9dyqxblddwdvyx11m-audacious-3.10.1/lib"...
/gnu/store/6ihw9w6ibs33k6v9dyqxblddwdvyx11m-audacious-3.10.1/lib/libaudgui.so:
error: depends on 'libaudcore.so.5', which cannot be found in RUNPATH

So I tried decoupling it, by making libaudcore package, packaging
libguess and adding it as libaudcore's input, but it still wants
to have the file there:

g++: error: ../libguess/libguess.a: No such file or directory
Failed to link libaudcore.so!

How to do this correctly?

P.S. Still waiting for pjproject in Jami to be bumped, they're also
fixing some annoying bugs.

Jan Wielkiewicz

* Re: Packaging audacious
@ 2020-03-14 16:08 ` Kei Kebreau
From: Kei Kebreau @ 2020-03-14 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Wielkiewicz; +Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 02:14:45 +0100
Jan Wielkiewicz <tona_kosmicznego_smiecia@interia.pl> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Jan,

> I'm trying to package the audacious music player, but I encountered a
> problem - in the source directory there are libraries used by
> audacious that is: libaudgui, libaudtag, audtool, libaudcore,
> libaudqt and libguess.
>
> When build without modifying the source, I get the following error:
> validating RUNPATH of 3 binaries in
> "/gnu/store/6ihw9w6ibs33k6v9dyqxblddwdvyx11m-audacious-3.10.1/lib"...
> /gnu/store/6ihw9w6ibs33k6v9dyqxblddwdvyx11m-audacious-3.10.1/lib/libaudgui.so:
> error: depends on 'libaudcore.so.5', which cannot be found in RUNPATH
>
> So I tried decoupling it, by making libaudcore package, packaging
> libguess and adding it as libaudcore's input, but it still wants
> to have the file there:
>
> g++: error: ../libguess/libguess.a: No such file or directory
> Failed to link libaudcore.so!
>
> How to do this correctly?

You can see my own attempt at packaging audacious a few months ago here
[0].  In the list of configure flags, you'll note that I included a
configure flag that roughly equates to
"LDFLAGS=-Wl,-rpath=/gnu/store/...audacious-3.10.1/lib".  This configure
flag passes a flag ("-rpath") to the linker (through "-Wl") which ensures
that any libraries in the given folder are included in the RUNPATH of any
binaries or libraries.  If you do this, your error *should* disappear.

> P.S. Still waiting for pjproject in Jami to be bumped, they're also
> fixing some annoying bugs.
>

> Jan Wielkiewicz

[0]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37329

Kei Kebreau