unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Should *.fr.texi be committed in git?
@ 2018-08-26 10:59 Christopher Lemmer Webber
From: Christopher Lemmer Webber @ 2018-08-26 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I frequently find that my git repo says:

Unstaged changes (2)
modified   doc/contributing.fr.texi
modified   doc/guix.fr.texi

And then I need to revert them before doing a pull.

These files are autogenerated from translations, right?  Shouldn't they
be gitignore'd and not committed to git at all?

* Re: Should *.fr.texi be committed in git?
@ 2018-08-26 11:07 ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2018-08-26 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Le Sun, 26 Aug 2018 06:59:53 -0400,
Christopher Lemmer Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> a écrit :

> I frequently find that my git repo says:
>
> Unstaged changes (2)
> modified   doc/contributing.fr.texi
> modified   doc/guix.fr.texi
>
> And then I need to revert them before doing a pull.
>
> These files are autogenerated from translations, right?  Shouldn't
> they be gitignore'd and not committed to git at all?

Not sure, it would add po4a as a dependency to run make from the source
distribution.

* Re: Should *.fr.texi be committed in git?
@ 2018-08-26 12:57   ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2018-08-26 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Also I just remembered: if we don't commit guix.*.texi, configure complains about their non-existence and fails.

@ 2018-08-26 13:20 ` Nils Gillmann
From: Nils Gillmann @ 2018-08-26 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Lemmer Webber; +Cc: guix-devel

Christopher Lemmer Webber transcribed 302 bytes:
> I frequently find that my git repo says:
>
> Unstaged changes (2)
> modified   doc/contributing.fr.texi
> modified   doc/guix.fr.texi
>
> And then I need to revert them before doing a pull.
>
> These files are autogenerated from translations, right?  Shouldn't they
> be gitignore'd and not committed to git at all?

In any case it would be good to solve this eventually, as this has
been an annoyance since the .fr.* has been introduced, a couple of
months back.
I usually git stash this and forget about the files.