unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Help needed: Unable to run Guix after installation
@ 2018-03-12 20:25 Aakanksha Jain
From: Aakanksha Jain @ 2018-03-12 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I have completed the GNU Guix installation using this script
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/etc/guix-install.sh

But while trying to run hello package, I get following error(image attached)

Someone on irc suggested installing nscd package. But its still not working.

What can be the resolve for this?

[-- Attachment #2: Screenshot from 2018-03-12 20-47-25.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 13233 bytes --]

* Re: Help needed: Unable to run Guix after installation
@ 2018-03-13 14:59 ` Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2018-03-13 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aakanksha Jain; +Cc: Guix-devel

> I have completed the GNU Guix installation using this script
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/etc/guix-install.sh
>
> But while trying to run hello package, I get following error(image
> attached)
>
> Someone on irc suggested installing nscd package. But its still not
> working.
>
> What can be the resolve for this?

Hello could you please check if the group guixbuild really exists?

* Re: Help needed: Unable to run Guix after installation
@ 2018-03-13 17:23   ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2018-03-13 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gábor Boskovits; +Cc: Guix-devel, Aakanksha Jain

Hi Aakanksha,

Gábor Boskovits <boskovits@gmail.com> writes:

>> I have completed the GNU Guix installation using this script
>> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/etc/guix-install.sh
>>
>> But while trying to run hello package, I get following error(image
>> attached)
>>
>> Someone on irc suggested installing nscd package. But its still not
>> working.
>>
>> What can be the resolve for this?
>>

> Hello could you please check if the group guixbuild really exists?

The script should have created this group, but maybe there has been an
error?  Did you see any error messages while running the script?

Either way, this group needs to be created – and the build users that
are assigned to this group.

If you want to do this manually, please take a look at these
instructions:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Build-Environment-Setup.html#Build-Environment-Setup

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net

* Re: Help needed: Unable to run Guix after installation
@ 2018-03-15 14:55 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2018-03-15 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aakanksha Jain; +Cc: guix-devel