unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* yamlcpp policy?
@ 2017-07-21 16:35 ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-07-21 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I picked up my supercollider package again.
At the very beginning of the cmake build (configure) I can see this:

-- Found YAMLCPP: /gnu/store/d54zy49pbzsyfviqhjlwdsavgg6mx3w7-yaml-cpp-0.5.3/include
CMake Warning (dev) at external_libraries/hidapi/CMakeLists.txt:3 (project):
  Policy CMP0048 is not set: project() command manages VERSION variables.
  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0048" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy
  command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

  The following variable(s) would be set to empty:

    PROJECT_VERSION
    PROJECT_VERSION_MAJOR
    PROJECT_VERSION_MINOR
    PROJECT_VERSION_PATCH
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

Is this our intention for yamlcpp, or do we just have no other way to
specify it other than setting the variables ourselves in packages?
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: yamlcpp policy?
@ 2017-07-22 10:15 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2017-07-22 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ng0; +Cc: guix-devel

ng0 <ng0@infotropique.org> writes:

> I picked up my supercollider package again.
> At the very beginning of the cmake build (configure) I can see this:
>
> -- Found YAMLCPP: /gnu/store/d54zy49pbzsyfviqhjlwdsavgg6mx3w7-yaml-cpp-0.5.3/include
> CMake Warning (dev) at external_libraries/hidapi/CMakeLists.txt:3 (project):
>   Policy CMP0048 is not set: project() command manages VERSION variables.
>   Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0048" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy
>   command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
>
>   The following variable(s) would be set to empty:
>
>     PROJECT_VERSION
>     PROJECT_VERSION_MAJOR
>     PROJECT_VERSION_MINOR
>     PROJECT_VERSION_PATCH
> This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
>

> Is this our intention for yamlcpp, or do we just have no other way to
> specify it other than setting the variables ourselves in packages?

Is this a fatal warning or can we ignore it?

Without the context I don’t know what it’s trying to do.  Make sure it
isn’t trying to build the package from source again.  It seems to me
that it shouldn’t need this information when it’s just using the
existing package.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net

* Re: yamlcpp policy?
@ 2017-07-22 11:42   ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-07-22 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)