unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* guix package / output for guix documentation
@ 2017-05-03 12:33 ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-05-03 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Do you think it could be good to provide the output of
guix' "make doc/guix.html" and other make doc/ outputs
in a separate package (or outputs of guix itself)?

My idea is to have an independent online/offline version
of the html documentation, matching some snapshot or
commit id.
In my case, I will provide this online, currently solved
with a script instead of a guix package.
--
https://pragmatique.xyz
PGP: https://people.pragmatique.xyz/ng0/

* Re: guix package / output for guix documentation
@ 2017-05-03 12:54 ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-05-03 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

ng0 transcribed 0.4K bytes:
> Do you think it could be good to provide the output of
> guix' "make doc/guix.html" and other make doc/ outputs
> in a separate package (or outputs of guix itself)?
>
> My idea is to have an independent online/offline version
> of the html documentation, matching some snapshot or
> commit id.
> In my case, I will provide this online, currently solved
> with a script instead of a guix package.

Looking at the implications of dependencies:

Definitely NOT as an output of Guix itself.
I'm working on a small package now which uses "current-guix"
as a base.