unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Gegl build failures
@ 2014-11-20 18:12 Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2014-11-20 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

gegl, an input for gimp, fails its tests:
   http://hydra.gnu.org/build/159641/nixlog/1/tail-reload

We already have the following comments in the package:
          ;; This test program seems to crash on exit. Specifically, whilst
          ;; g_object_unreffing bufferA and bufferB - This seems to be a bug
          ;; in the destructor.  This is just a test program so will not have
          ;; any wider effect, although might be hiding another problem.
          ;; According to advice received on irc.gimp.org#gegl although 0.2.0
          ;; is the latest released version, any bug reports against it will
          ;; be ignored.  So we are on our own.
before a line that removes one test. I would suggest to disable all tests.

Andreas

* Re: Gegl build failures
@ 2014-11-22 18:05 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2014-11-22 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge, John Darrington; +Cc: guix-devel

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> skribis:

> gegl, an input for gimp, fails its tests:
>    http://hydra.gnu.org/build/159641/nixlog/1/tail-reload
>
> We already have the following comments in the package:
>           ;; This test program seems to crash on exit. Specifically, whilst
>           ;; g_object_unreffing bufferA and bufferB - This seems to be a bug
>           ;; in the destructor.  This is just a test program so will not have
>           ;; any wider effect, although might be hiding another problem.
>           ;; According to advice received on irc.gimp.org#gegl although 0.2.0
>           ;; is the latest released version, any bug reports against it will
>           ;; be ignored.  So we are on our own.
> before a line that removes one test. I would suggest to disable all tests.

That sounds reasonable, but since John did the initial investigation and
discussed with GEGL people, I’d like to know what he thinks.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Gegl build failures
@ 2014-11-22 18:14   ` John Darrington