unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Xorg, mesa, libdrm
@ 2014-11-07 16:09 Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2014-11-07 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I just came across these lines in the new package xf86-video-modesetting:
    (inputs `(;; FIXME: This is a libdrm version incompatible with that of
              ;; MESA, which xorg-server uses.  Therefore, using this driver
              ;; leads to "unresolved symbol drmModeSetCursor2".
              ("libdrm" ,libdrm)
Could we not simply use libdrm-2.4.33 as in mesa? The same should hold for
xf86-video-intel. Or probably better yet, as in the other xf86-video-*,
use mesa as an input.

Andreas

* Re: Xorg, mesa, libdrm
@ 2014-11-07 16:56 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2014-11-07 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> skribis:

> I just came across these lines in the new package xf86-video-modesetting:
>     (inputs `(;; FIXME: This is a libdrm version incompatible with that of
>               ;; MESA, which xorg-server uses.  Therefore, using this driver
>               ;; leads to "unresolved symbol drmModeSetCursor2".
>               ("libdrm" ,libdrm)
> Could we not simply use libdrm-2.4.33 as in mesa?

No, this driver requires the latest libdrm.

The long-term solution will be to use the same one in MESA, but I’d
rather not do it too close to the release.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Xorg, mesa, libdrm
@ 2014-11-07 18:02   ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2014-11-07 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 05:56:51PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> No, this driver requires the latest libdrm.

And the intel driver? I think that may have been my mistake in the first
place to not use mesa.

> The long-term solution will be to use the same one in MESA, but I’d
> rather not do it too close to the release.  :-)

Yes, update to a newer mesa - but they have this unpleasant infinite
configure loop.

Andreas

* Re: Xorg, mesa, libdrm
@ 2014-11-07 21:43     ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2014-11-07 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 07:02:04PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
> And the intel driver? I think that may have been my mistake in the first
> place to not use mesa.

I pushed after swapping libdrm with mesa. It still compiles, at least.

Andreas