unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* 10 years of stories behind Guix
@ 2022-04-18 20:37 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2022-04-18 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-guix, guix-devel; +Cc: zimoun

Hello Guix!

Today it’s been 10 years since the first commit to Guix.  To celebrate
it, zimoun has collected stories from a sample of the 600+ people who’ve
contributed to Guix over the years, which you can read here:

  https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2022/10-years-of-stories-behind-guix/

It’s a dive into the variety of backgrounds and interests that led to
this community, and maybe it’ll inspire others to join?

Thumbs up, and happy birthday everyone! 🎂

Ludo’.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: 10 years of stories behind Guix
@ 2022-04-19  5:14 Rene Saavedra
From: Rene Saavedra @ 2022-04-19  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel@gnu.org

Happy birthday Guix community :)

* Re: 10 years of stories behind Guix
@ 2022-04-22  5:18 ` Thiago Jung Bauermann
From: Thiago Jung Bauermann @ 2022-04-22  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: zimoun, guix-devel

Hello!

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> Today it’s been 10 years since the first commit to Guix.  To celebrate
> it, zimoun has collected stories from a sample of the 600+ people who’ve
> contributed to Guix over the years, which you can read here:
>
>   https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2022/10-years-of-stories-behind-guix/
>
> It’s a dive into the variety of backgrounds and interests that led to
> this community, and maybe it’ll inspire others to join?

Great post! I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you for it, zimoun.

> Thumbs up, and happy birthday everyone! 🎂

Happy birthday! Thank you to all the past and present contributors,
reviewers, maintainers, committers who make Guix possible!

--
Thanks
Thiago

* Re: 10 years of stories behind Guix
@ 2022-04-25  7:55 ` pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) @ 2022-04-25  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel; +Cc: contact, zimon.toutoune

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 10:37:40PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> To celebrate
> it, zimoun has collected stories from a sample of the 600+ people who’ve
> contributed to Guix over the years, which you can read here:
>
>   https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2022/10-years-of-stories-behind-guix/

Thank you very much for the stories!  And for the hyperlinks.

Took me until now just to finish reading, so I’m even more impressed
Hubert already translated the blog post to French some time ago:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2022-04/msg00114.html

Regards,
Florian

* Re: 10 years of stories behind Guix
@ 2022-04-25 11:39   ` Hubert
From: Hubert @ 2022-04-25 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz); +Cc: guix-devel, zimon.toutoune

Hi Florian!

Le Mon, 25 Apr 2022 09:55:46 +0200,
"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <pelzflorian@pelzflorian.de> a écrit :

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 10:37:40PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > To celebrate
> > it, zimoun has collected stories from a sample of the 600+ people
> > who’ve contributed to Guix over the years, which you can read here:
> >
> >   https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2022/10-years-of-stories-behind-guix/
> >

> Thank you very much for the stories!  And for the hyperlinks.
>
> Took me until now just to finish reading, so I’m even more impressed
> Hubert already translated the blog post to French some time ago:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2022-04/msg00114.html

Thank you for your coment :) I was impressed too by the different
stories, it was a pleasure to translate this blog post.
I liked yours, about german translation, among others...

Thank you Zimoun too!

> Regards,
> Florian
Best regards