unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Guix Plover package issue
@ 2022-08-28 17:44 Matt
From: Matt @ 2022-08-28 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I'm trying to use plugins with the version of Plover packaged in Guix.
For some reason, Plover isn't showing the plugin interface.  There is
normally a button which says "plugins".  Within Guix, that button
isn't there.

The Plover documentation says that the plugin installer can be accessed through

  plover -s plover_plugins list

This returns an error "no such script: plover_plugins".  It would seem
that the plugin module isn't along with Plover.

AFAICT, plugins are managed by the PyPI package plover-plugins-manager
(https://pypi.org/project/plover-plugins-manager/).  I've run guix
import pypi plover-plugins-manager and tried installing with guix
package --install-from-file.  Trying to follow the errors, I've got:

(use-modules
 (guix build-system python)
 (guix packages)
 (guix download)
 (gnu packages python-xyz))

(package
  (name "python-plover-plugins-manager")
  (version "0.7.1")
  (source (origin
            (method url-fetch)
            (uri (pypi-uri "plover_plugins_manager" version))
            (sha256
             (base32
              "1nwzgcysxcmd7a46w1mjmc2a5gjmhhbx5qhhkas6zdjgdin9c67x"))))
  (build-system python-build-system)
  (propagated-inputs (list python-pip
                           python-pkginfo
                           python-plover
                           python-pygments
                           python-readme-renderer
                           python-requests
                           python-requests-cache
                           python-requests-futures
                           python-setuptools
                           python-wheel))
  (native-inputs (list python-pytest python-pytest-shutil))
  (home-page "https://github.com/benoit-pierre/plover_plugins_manager")
  (synopsis "Plugins manager for Plover")
  (description "Plugins manager for Plover")
  (license #f))

However, this fails on

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
error: python-plover: unbound variable

Including (gnu packages stenography) doesn't resolve it.  Using guix
edit plover, I see that the definition is in
gnu/packages/stenography.scm. Which module should I be using?

Thank you!

* Re: Guix Plover package issue
@ 2022-08-28 17:47 ` Maxime Devos
From: Maxime Devos @ 2022-08-28 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt, guix-devel

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 646 bytes --]

On 28-08-2022 19:44, Matt wrote:
> However, this fails on
>
> ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
> error: python-plover: unbound variable
>
> Including (gnu packages stenography) doesn't resolve it.  Using guix
> edit plover, I see that the definition is in
> gnu/packages/stenography.scm. Which module should I be using?

You did "guix edit plover", so you found the module to which "plover"
belongs -- you found "plover", not "python-plover".

To find python-plover, try "guix edit python-plover".

Given that it does not exist, maybe you need 'plover' instead of
python-plover.

Greetings,
Maxime.

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: OpenPGP public key --]

* Re: Guix Plover package issue
@ 2022-08-28 17:51   ` Matt
From: Matt @ 2022-08-28 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxime Devos; +Cc: guix-devel

 ---- On Sun, 28 Aug 2022 13:47:47 -0400  Maxime Devos  wrote ---

 > Given that it does not exist, maybe you need 'plover' instead of
 > python-plover.

Ah, yes. That works. Thank you.