unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* guix build -S 💛 --with-branch
@ 2023-02-09 18:07 jgart
From: jgart @ 2023-02-09 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guixers,

Just opening this thread for us to brainstorm how we can improve the symbiosis between guix build -S and --with-branch.

From a #guix irc conversation earlier today with civodul:

jgart:
What do people think of having a guix clone command that passes the result of (-> network-manager (package-source) (origin-uri)) to git clone? -> is from guile-pipe package in upstream guix

civodul:
> hey! sounds interesting; there's some overlap with "guix build -S" and with "--with-branch" and the likes, i wonder how we could improve symbiosis :-)

all best,

jgart

https://github.com/joshwalters/guile-pipe