unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Closing issues from commits
@ 2018-08-16 15:25 Marius Bakke
From: Marius Bakke @ 2018-08-16 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

It would be convenient (for me, at least) to have a server-side git hook
that can close debbugs issues.  It would grep the commit message for
'^Fixes: <https://bugs\\.gnu\\.org/(\d+)>' and automatically send an
email to control@debbugs.gnu.org with the message 'close $1 $commit_id'.

Is this something that we want and can deploy?

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Closing issues from commits
@ 2018-08-16 15:49 ` Marius Bakke
From: Marius Bakke @ 2018-08-16 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Marius Bakke <mbakke@fastmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> It would be convenient (for me, at least) to have a server-side git hook
> that can close debbugs issues.  It would grep the commit message for
> '^Fixes: <https://bugs\\.gnu\\.org/(\d+)>' and automatically send an
> email to control@debbugs.gnu.org with the message 'close $1 $commit_id'.
>
> Is this something that we want and can deploy?

Derp.  I realized I can do this with a post-push hook.

I'll make it next time I need it and submit it here :-)

@ 2018-08-20  9:52   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-08-20  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Bakke; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello Marius,

Marius Bakke <mbakke@fastmail.com> skribis:

> Marius Bakke <mbakke@fastmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> It would be convenient (for me, at least) to have a server-side git hook
>> that can close debbugs issues.  It would grep the commit message for
>> '^Fixes: <https://bugs\\.gnu\\.org/(\d+)>' and automatically send an
>> email to control@debbugs.gnu.org with the message 'close $1 $commit_id'.
>>
>> Is this something that we want and can deploy?
>
> Derp.  I realized I can do this with a post-push hook.
>
> I'll make it next time I need it and submit it here :-)

Would be nice!

A server-side hook would also be welcome in any case.  It turns out that
Mailutils in Git has bindings for Guile 2.2, which we can use to send
email, so writing such a hook wouldn’t be too hard.  :-)

We could have a tiny program that regularly pulls from Git, browses the
latest commits, and sends email as appropriate.  Would be a fun hack.
(A script like this would be easier than having a server-side hook on
Savannah, especially if we need to store credentials for the SMTP
server.)

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Closing issues from commits
@ 2019-01-24 13:06     ` swedebugia
From: swedebugia @ 2019-01-24 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

On 2018-08-20 11:52, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello Marius,
>
> Marius Bakke <mbakke@fastmail.com> skribis:
>
>> Marius Bakke <mbakke@fastmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> It would be convenient (for me, at least) to have a server-side git hook
>>> that can close debbugs issues.  It would grep the commit message for
>>> '^Fixes: <https://bugs\\.gnu\\.org/(\d+)>' and automatically send an
>>> email to control@debbugs.gnu.org with the message 'close $1 $commit_id'.
>>>
>>> Is this something that we want and can deploy?
>>
>> Derp.  I realized I can do this with a post-push hook.
>>
>> I'll make it next time I need it and submit it here :-)
>
> Would be nice!
>
> A server-side hook would also be welcome in any case.  It turns out that
> Mailutils in Git has bindings for Guile 2.2, which we can use to send
> email, so writing such a hook wouldn’t be too hard.  :-)
>
> We could have a tiny program that regularly pulls from Git, browses the
> latest commits, and sends email as appropriate.  Would be a fun hack.
> (A script like this would be easier than having a server-side hook on
> Savannah, especially if we need to store credentials for the SMTP
> server.)

Did anyone take a stab at this yet?

--
Cheers Swedebugia