* order of paths set in /etc/profile.d/guix.sh on foreign distro
       [not found] <106741931.1064763.1592258327253.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2020-06-15 21:58 ` vapnik spaknik
From: vapnik spaknik @ 2020-06-15 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,
    in order to get emacs-guix to work with guix running on Ubuntu 18.04 I had to install guix under the ${GUIX_PROFILE} so that the correct guile modules are available.
However, /etc/profile.d/guix.sh ensures that ${GUIX_PROFILE}/bin comes before ${_GUIX_PROFILE}/bin in my $PATH .
This can't be good, since I'm sure there is a good reason for having a separate profile (${_GUIX_PROFILE}) for guix pull.
I can of course alter my /etc/profile.d/guix.sh to change the $PATH order, but it would be nice if I (and other new users) didn't have to.

Regards,

Joe Bloggs.

only message in thread, back to index