unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Help with map match
@ 2018-11-29 23:13 swedebugia
From: swedebugia @ 2018-11-29 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi

I'm trying to learn how to check in guile if a node package matches one
of the items in my blacklist.

First version was with (member pkg-name blacklist) and it worked but
forces me to write down all the blacklisted packages which is tedious
when I can just regex match if it begins with the same name.

Now i'm trying to do the same with match and I could not find any
examples or guides on the subject that I understood. :-/

blacklist
$1 = ("matcha" "webpack" "rollup-plugin-node-resolve" "browserify"
"electron" "statsd" "vega" "grunt-release" "lineman" "lineman-angular")

I want the procedure to return #t if a match is found and I want it to
match if it begins with the same e.g. "rollup-plugin" should match
"rollup-plugin-node-resolve" and return #t
Else #f

This did not work:
(use-modules (ice-9 match))

(define x
         '("ts" "test"))
(map (match x
         ("test") #t)
         (else #f) x)

Any ideas?
--
Cheers
Swedebugia

* Re: Help with map match
@ 2018-11-30  2:45 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2018-11-30  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: swedebugia; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi,

> I want the procedure to return #t if a match is found and I want it to
> match if it begins with the same e.g. "rollup-plugin" should match
> "rollup-plugin-node-resolve" and return #t
> Else #f

> This did not work:
> (use-modules (ice-9 match))
>
> (define x
>         '("ts" "test"))
> (map (match x
>         ("test") #t)
>         (else #f) x)

“map” requires a procedure and a list as its arguments, applies the
procedure to every element and then returns a new list with the results.

Since you just want a single boolean as the return value you may want to
use “any” instead, which tells you if a procedure returned #t for “any”
of the items in a list.

(use-modules (srfi srfi-1))

(define (blacklisted? pkg-name)
  (string-prefix? "rollup-" pkg-name))

(any blacklisted?
 '("rollup-plugin" "rollup-plugin-foo")) ; => #t

(any blacklisted?
 '("all" "is" "good")) ; => #f

“blacklisted?” can then implement whatever logic you need.

--
Ricardo

* Re: Help with map match
@ 2018-11-30 13:34 ` Adam Van Ymeren
From: Adam Van Ymeren @ 2018-11-30 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, swedebugia

I believe match is a macro but you need to pass map a lambda.

Try (map (lambda (a) (match a ("test" #t) ...) x)

Or (map (match-lambda ("test" #t) ...) x) as match-lambda is a macro that expands to (lambda (a) (match a ...))

On November 29, 2018 6:13:26 PM EST, swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net> wrote:
>Hi
>
>I'm trying to learn how to check in guile if a node package matches one
>
>of the items in my blacklist.
>
>First version was with (member pkg-name blacklist) and it worked but
>forces me to write down all the blacklisted packages which is tedious
>when I can just regex match if it begins with the same name.
>
>Now i'm trying to do the same with match and I could not find any
>examples or guides on the subject that I understood. :-/
>
>blacklist
>$1 = ("matcha" "webpack" "rollup-plugin-node-resolve" "browserify"
>"electron" "statsd" "vega" "grunt-release" "lineman" "lineman-angular")
>
>I want the procedure to return #t if a match is found and I want it to
>match if it begins with the same e.g. "rollup-plugin" should match
>"rollup-plugin-node-resolve" and return #t
>Else #f
>
>This did not work:
>(use-modules (ice-9 match))
>
>(define x